Anyone see a 3DS protector that works with the Nyko battery?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by EphenSteve, Apr 15, 2011.

1. EphenSteve
    OP

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    If anyone spots ANY update this thread please cause i ordered a green aluminum protector casing for my 3DS and now i cant use it because i bought the Nyko power pack+

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    shells do not consider other accessory items as part of the design.

3. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would say anything that has two separate independent of each other parts for each section would work. All you want is a cover for the top of the clam shell not the bottom since the Nyko battery should be able to slip into the charge dock and the PowerPack+ could act as the bottom protector.

My 2c though is Nintendo basically built a crystal case onto the 3DS so really a case is mostly unneeded. Best you could do is wait and see if Nyko makes their own protective case with the PowerPack+ in mind. It'd probably be worth it to send them an e-mail asking about it. They would probably say something like they don't currently have one, but they are looking at feedback and if there is enough demand for it they may work on such a thing.

4. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Would be nice if they did that. I agree that it is unlikely, but I was planning on sending them an email about it sometime next week.

You can get a pouch from Club Nintendo for 250 coins that would fit the 3DS with the Power Pak+. Its not the best case, but its better than getting scratched up in your pocket or bag.

Edit: Just realised you specifically said "not a carrying case". Ya sorry about that. Your best bet is to do what Donald said.

5. EphenSteve
    OP

Newcomer EphenSteve Advanced Member

United States
    yea i really do want that nintendo pouch but i dont have enough points and dont have anything else to register i have the points from registering my 3DS and from signing up which is what 170 190? i hella want one dont care what color (colour) so i can put my charger in with my ds. and i have one of the green aluminum cases from deal extreem. i love it but i bought the battery rendering the case useless =/

yea but as of right now i dont see a way of replacing it. im kind of a bitch about scratches and smudges.... like until it accidently happens to get a scratch i baby all my consoles, but as soon as it gets a little messed i dont care anymore. even a silicon wrap for the top would be nice. idk like you said email them and that is what i shall do i was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge of existing ones. thanks guys keep me updated if you happen to find something though.

6. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You only just joined Club Nintendo? I'd take this as a good opportunity to go through some of your older games. Many first party US Wii and DS games have codes that still give quite a few coins. Not only that but there are also surveys for each game that gives some coins too. I was able to get a pouch after my 3DS and a few surveys. [​IMG]