Anyone running Super Mario Kart for SNES on their (3)DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by englishw, Nov 19, 2015.

1. englishw
    OP

englishw Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    I have a New 3DS XL running the latest firmware. I have an R4i Gold card with SNEmulDS 0.6 and I have the Cubic Ninja (NinjHax) hack to access homebrew as well. I've tried several roms and I can't get Super Mario Kart for SNES running no matter what I try. I'm curious if anyone else has had success or could point me in the right direction?

(sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I've been a reader for a long time - however, this is my first post and I just made my account today)

UPDATE: Thanks to Sonic_Cee_Dee, I tried the Retroarch SNES emulator and it is working great with Super Mario Kart! Thanks so much!

Last edited by englishw, Nov 19, 2015
  2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    New 3DS XL could use the Retroarch emulators for Ninjhax.

englishw likes this.
  3. z3ro

z3ro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    You probably can't run it very well. SMK uses a special chip (the DSP-1) which doesn't have proper emulation yet in any emulator available on the 3DS. So it might run on one of the RetroArch cores but it won't be anywhere near playable.

4. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Seems to run pretty fine here. N3DS, 9.5FW, 2.5 hax, Catfsc core in RetroArch

englishw likes this.
  5. englishw
    OP

englishw Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Thanks so much! I just installed the RetroArch SNES emulator and it works great with Super Mario Kart on the New 3DS XL!! :D I've only played the first course, but it ran just like it runs on my SNES at home! Awesome!!