Anyone print on Verbatims here?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Christopho, Jan 23, 2010.

Jan 23, 2010
  1. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey can anyone post any pics of a inkjet printable verbatim and a regular verbatim disk? I want to know if there is a major difference in picture quality.

Thanks in Advance~

2. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I scanned two images. One of a dual layer disk (Xbox 360) and one of a single layer disk (9 movie). They were printed on Canon ip4500 inkjet.

The scanner does not do it justice at all. I love the quality of the printing on disc. It looks fantastic if you ask me.
    The scans look crappy.

Now lets see if I can attach the images.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Um, is this on printable verbatims or just regular verbatims? If they're regular than that's pretty nice!!

Thanks for posting ^^

Edit: How did you print on the disks? I looked at the orginal canon site and it doesn't look like the machine supports direct cd/dvd printing (think you misunderstood me xD when I said regular verbatims, I mean directly onto it not get a piece of paper then glue/stick it on. Btw, I looked at the Canon PIXMA iP4500 Photo Inkjet Printer.). Still, thanks for giving up your time and making these scans and posting them up. Appreciate it!!

4. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    These are printable discs, not stick on labels.
    Many of the canons are cd printer ready, but it is disabled in the US due to patent by Epson (I think).
    You just need to buy the correct CD tray (ebay it) and do a quick firmware upgrade.

Take a look and do a few searches, most of the IP canon printers are cd ready.
    I showed the two different labels because the dual layer DVD's (ie xbox) do not have hub printable (inner circle) surface. The single layer DVDs have an entire printable surface (hub printable).

Hope this clears things up.

5. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Oh I see, yeah it did. Thanks and I'm going to try out the Epson Artisan 800 since it's on sale right now. I'm still rofling about the AC 2 disk because it says "Do not make illegal copies of this disk" xD

Thanks!!

6. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    it adds the finishing touches and can fool alot of people lol