Anyone played the Bravely Default demo yet?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by McHaggis, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Have you played the demo yet?

1. I played it and I liked it

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. I played it and I did not like it

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. I haven't played it yet

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. I'm not interested

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Wah! I live in the US and it is not available yet!

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. McHaggis
    OP

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I played for a short while last night and I really enjoyed it. It feels like Square Enix really went back to their roots on this one. The demo is pretty decent too, with a few quests to undertake and by completing certain tasks you can unlock some stuff that will give you a head start when you buy the full version (you can transfer some stuff from the demo, it seems).

Sooo, is anyone else more hyped for the game now?

2. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I played it a bit, but couldn't get into it yet. Although I'm quite hyped for it. I need some tries more. :P

3. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    I want the demo already. :<
    That collector's edition package looks sweeeeet.

4. JoshuaBojangles

JoshuaBojangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    United States
    Is the demo on the US eshop? I was too excited to start downloading Senran so I didnt see any of whats new this week.

Edit: looked at the poll :P

5. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Played, completed (done all quests, got all characters to max level and job levels, finished the village stuff (all 4 shops at level 3)) and absolutely loved the demo. Almost can't wait for the full version next month. :D

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  6. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    As a US citizen: WAH! Why are we the only ones getting the game so late? WAH!

I mean, really, what is substantially different between the US and EU versions of the game, so much so that it will take two months to get it over here?

7. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

*cough*SMT IV Europe still not here and no information about it*cough*

Yeah..... poor Murica....2 months without the game is gonna be hard...

8. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    As I've explained in the past, one region not getting a game doesn't justify a game arriving later in one region than in absolutely any other region.

9. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Well there are many factors that make the release game delay.
    One of them is the rating system.
    Second is the manufacturing.
    Third is the licensing and there are much more other stuff.
    I think translation is the least problem of those.
    Just like with Rune Factory 4, Zen United said that they will use Xseed's translation but that still doesn't mean that it will come a month later and that's cause of the factors that i said up.

10. JoshuaBojangles

JoshuaBojangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2011
    United States
    Is it the US' fault that you don't have SMT IV yet? Didn't think so.

So if the US gets a game later than other regions, we don't get the right to be bummed? Just because we're from the US?

11. ForteGospel

ForteGospel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    from what i saw, its like an expansion of four heroes of light?

12. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    Played all the Japanese demos. I think there are 5 of them ~_~ And not my type of game :)

13. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012

His point was that this sort of thing happening was, and is still very common outside the US and Japan (Oh, and the Japanese don't get most of the western-developed games). Europe and Australia often have to wait for months and possibly years for a game release they may even never receive. Even when it arrives, if Nintendo/SCEA doesn't step in, it's most likely English-only.

Don't get me wrong, this sort of this has been and still is unfair and unjustified for everyone (without exception) suffering from it. Nintendo of America is to blame for it in our case here. It's clearly a worldwide release since it is out everywhere in 7 December... but somehow NoA decided to delay it, like with Xenoblade, and Last Story, and Solatrobo, and Pandora's Tower, and...
    As for SMT IV, it's Atlus USA who doesn't want to have a proper European branch... Only 3 of its games from their whole catalog were released with a reasonable delay in Europe.

It's just that this very common complaint has been heard so many, many, many times that it quickly got old
    That's why investing with import gaming is a good thing ;)

14. Oli181

Oli181 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2008
    Do you think you could use to homemade streetpass thing on the demo to get more villagers for the town or add friends

15. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    You can indeed, I got 13 villagers this way. Not sure about the friends but hey, you can transfer up to 20 villagers to the full game when it comes out. :D

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  16. Oli181

Oli181 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2008
    Ah i tried it and got no one probably set it up wrong as i hadn't done it before

17. dreassica

dreassica GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    Netherlands
    Homepass has yet toytield me a single villager :/

18. eilan25

eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Iceland
    Is the demo really that good?
    I just really love the old-school FF and I'm really hyped for this game so I do not want to ruin anything.
    I saw a trailer and that's it. I'm shutting everything odd until I have it in my hands :P

19. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I played it today and i have to say.. i didnt like it. I do like how the town was designed with the 3D in mind but something about the battle system seems wrong to me. I expected better based on the trailers, it feels too cramped and a bit too weird. Also the insistance from the game to make me use the D-pad for certain things is anoying, ill have to give it another try and grit my teeth to get through it all again but my first impressions are poor.

20. megabug7

megabug7 Forum Relic

Feb 4, 2004
    London
    Wish the circle pad would also control the menus and to confirm things but noooo - you have to use the d-pad - cancelled my preorder:angry: