Hacking Question Anyone played online with SX OS yet?

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, that also. That's definitely the "safest" method even though it's still very detectable. They just can't go around banning random consoles in case some kid bought a used game that someone backed up. Better a few pirates stay unbanned than 1 legit console get banned, Nintendo won't want any of that shitstorm.

Exactly: Nintendo will be unable to tell who is the original owner. Is it the one who first got onilne? And what if he just rented it?
And what if a certificate generator will be made one day? The first one might be a pirate and the second one could be a retail customer and he'll see himself getting banned for no reason.

I'd love to see someone try this out and see if it works (spoilers: it will almost certainly will, although for how long, that we cannot tell)

EDIT: by "this" I mean putting the ID back instead of a blank one.

Last edited by don_luca,
Reactions: rom1stel

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless someone manages to blank the cert on a real card, they could safely ban anyone connecting with a blank cert. They might not ban if a small number with the same cert, in case it was a rental, but they probably will ban the cert but not the console.

Is there any cert checking on local play?

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless someone manages to blank the cert on a real card, they could safely ban anyone connecting with a blank cert. They might not ban if a small number with the same cert, in case it was a rental, but they probably will ban the cert but not the console.

Is there any cert checking on local play?
I sure hope not. I was really wanting to play stuff like MK8 locally with friends.

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think they're banning accounts or consoles, just empty dumps. Which is fine because it seems like an automated rejection without any human actually pressing a ban button. I bet if you go online with BBB dump and get rejected, then go online again with same real game you'll get in. But I'm not brave enough to try it.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just updated a few games. Not played online yet but don't think I've been banned yet

Thanks for being a beta tester I hope you confirm us when you get banned I think it dosents matter for you because you still can play all the games offline

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo never banned anyone instantly, that's too easy. They always waited, patiently like a lion preying on a deer. When you are giggling happily to yourself playing MarioKart online, thinking Nintendo will never banned you: that's when it will happen - when you least expected it and you'll never see them coming.

Reactions: Craftyawesome

Rbugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also updated the games from bbb using SXOS. I do not have an eshop account, would there be any way to tell if I get banned? It is still possible to update games while being banned right?

Jackxlj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made backups of all my games except harvest moon,no it's not really relevant as I own the carts so they will have a cert,but I'll test out online as soon as my pro gets here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I also updated the games from bbb using SXOS. I do not have an eshop account, would there be any way to tell if I get banned? It is still possible to update games while being banned right?
Yes, game and system updates are still possible when you're banned.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Stay the hell away from going online , a method to update will come in time . are you all trying to tell me you have completed over 150 games and now need all the DLC ? . Soon TM.
Riddlin.

Doodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exactly: Nintendo will be unable to tell who is the original owner. Is it the one who first got onilne? And what if he just rented it?
And what if a certificate generator will be made one day? The first one might be a pirate and the second one could be a retail customer and he'll see himself getting banned for no reason.

I'd love to see someone try this out and see if it works (spoilers: it will almost certainly will, although for how long, that we cannot tell)

EDIT: by "this" I mean putting the ID back instead of a blank one.

But that's what they did with the 3ds and private/public headers already.

Also a "cert generator" is impossible to make purely because of how it works.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without Nintendo's private key used to sign the certificates, a generator will be impossible to make regardless of compute power put behind it.

Actually, that isn't true. One of the biggest issues that will arise from quantum computing is that our current forms of encryption will become obsolete. With the right amount of computing power, we can simply brute force the private key. Technically we can do this with classical computing power as well, but it would take an unreasonably long amount of time due to the key length.

Obviously quantum computers aren't quite up to this task yet, but I wouldn't call it impossible.

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have made my own .xci dump of Ultra Street Fighter 2 The Final Challangers.
I checked beforehand if online is working when the cart is inserted and used, it does. If I use TX to load the .xci (without the legit cart inserted obviously) it will not let me play online. I have also tried inserting my own cert into BBB backups, which resulted in the same error. :teach:

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like some people are getting the games insta banned.
And again, going from the Reddit post sciresm made, it looks as though the Nintendo severs can instantly tell if the game is missing header/certs and then ban you from the online service.
By the look of it, it's just stopping the game and not the console itself, yet.

See now that's all they did when you had a 3DS dump without a valid cert/header. It would just prevent you from playing online with that particular game image and not ban your console or account. Time will tell......also its been stated a few placed (won't know until we know) that even when banned you will be able to update game and firmware updates. This is pretty much how it worked on PSN. I don't believe you have to be logged in on Switch to do updates or news so that makes sense. Won't matter much because as soon as we get a package installer we can install our own updates and DLC.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that isn't true. One of the biggest issues that will arise from quantum computing is that our current forms of encryption will become obsolete. With the right amount of computing power, we can simply brute force the private key. Technically we can do this with classical computing power as well, but it would take an unreasonably long amount of time due to the key length.

Obviously quantum computers aren't quite up to this task yet, but I wouldn't call it impossible.

While that may be true, with technological improvements also come encryption and cipher strength improvements. Currently 4096-bit encryption is one of the higher chains, but as compute power becomes stronger it will open up for much higher encryption availability because CPU's will be able to decrypt the data, or transfer the encrypted data at a higher efficiency.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup