1. sashka69

sashka69 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Ok now you got my point.
    Here is where my idea with the "nand backup before sx os use" starts.

When i restore my pre sx os nandbackup, my switch would not know that i ever used sx os.

2. luan43

luan43 GBAtemp Regular

kinda glad i wont get my pro for a while, i dont care about online play but i do care about latest firmware and game updates/buying dlc.

Trappie likes this.
  3. Backup what though?

The logs are stored on the Systems low level firmware, we can't access that because we don't have kernal exploits.

All we have is a bootloader exploit.

What I'm saying is, they thought of that lol. They are not as dumb as everyone thinks. They learned alot from the past few consoles.

4. sashka69

sashka69 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    So my rawnand.bin together with boot0/boot1 do not contain this system low level firmware? Thanks for clearing this up, do you know where this fw is stored? I thought it is somewhere on the nand.

5. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not lab rat, that's degrading. Think of the first SX users as frontline soldiers clearing the path for the people waiting at the back... the heroic deeds will never be forgotten, the banned shall gained themselves a medal of honour here.

The_Green_Nerd and Frexxos like this.
  6. vickdu31

vickdu31 GBAtemp Regular

A medal of honor would be cool (I think ?)...
    Anyways, I think we will learn more once the dongle are shipped if we can somehow get a dump of the dongle to see how it activate. Probably there is some kind of licence already encrypted there but who knows what there can be!

7. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Isn't it now so when you play a game the "title" you played will show up in your Library?
    Wondering of the following situation: I go in flight mode and play like 50 backups. Every Backup I played will show up in my switch home screen. Like every game you inserted in your console. Will this data send to Nintendo? Normally they should not care about this because if I borrowed a game or tried one it will also registered to my gaming library, even if I sold the game etc.

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    We don't know for sure. I think the risky part is that if many people use the same game with the same header, Nintendo could detect that in some way. The best way is to stay completely offline, also if you're playing your own dumped games. Playing backups, no matter if they're self-made or not, can get you banned.

Frexxos likes this.
  9. Indominusda1e

Indominusda1e GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If your playing offline and say there is no way in the future to safely play the backups, then been offline or banned surely doesn't matter either way.I'm sure as the scene progresses there will be ways to manually update games and play eshop games. I just don't get why people are bothered I'd quite happily take free games over the crappy Nintendo online anyway.

10. The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer

Netherlands
    Yeah but how about game updates? When a headerless game has a savefile, will the Switch connect to Nintendo servers for gameupdates or checking for verification?

11. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Like some one said before if i go to ebgames buy a used switch game, has not that game be used there for "in the system". I then give the game to mate to play he plays it gives it to his brother , after 6 months i go hey dude give me my game back i want to trade it in , he goes i will ask my brother , brother goes hang on i will get it of my mate. his mate goes too his brother i need that game back. now that game has spat out it's "cert" god knows how many times to ninty , I get the game back have a bit of play, a bit of a blast before I go in to town to trade it in, which in turn some one else buys it and plays it and gives it his bother to have a turn on his switch , and no ones been banned.
    there is a lot of confusion, and guess work going back and forth at the moment, I think we have to just let it play out and see

12. CapitanSburro

CapitanSburro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, when updating a game even in cfw mode, you send data to nin servers, aka you're fu**ed. The only solution would be to have some kind of wipe log command within cfw, to execute before going back to ofw; also, the ability to update offline would be neat (but I don't think we'll be getting that soon) . Still, the created save data would probably have some kind of header, would that be checked by servers too? Who knows...

13. Wrathcaster

Wrathcaster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I tihnk in this case it maybe be harder for Nintendo, but if say 50 people were using that same said game (dumped) all at the same time online or connected to servers then that could be a big red "ban them" sign to nintendo.

Last edited by Wrathcaster, Jun 20, 2018
    fixingmytoys likes this.
  14. fixingmytoys

Australia
    i do miss the days of PSX backups lol so much fun and easy

Frexxos and Wrathcaster like this.
  15. Wrathcaster

Wrathcaster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ah yes, how I wish things could still be like that today :D

fixingmytoys likes this.
  16. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    the problem with that are rental services that rent out switch games, if someone rents a bunch of games from say gamefly and rips the certs and injects it into his pirated game and someone else has the same mentality and then someone goes online with the rental and they all get banned, thats a huge problem for nintendo and gamefly.

17. fixingmytoys

Australia

@Wrathcaster

yes trips to Bali and Bangkok are just not the same :P

Last edited by fixingmytoys, Jun 20, 2018
    Wrathcaster likes this.
  18. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    That's the point. How will Nintendo know if a game is really pirated or just rented? The only thing I can think of: If many people use the same header at the same time Nintendo will know there's something wrong. Also if a game is rented, only one person can play that game at the same time.

19. fixingmytoys

Australia
    we are just guessing, ninty might have to just take it on the chin,

20. For one the Certs are Burned in, I'm not sure injecting them are possible. Let's say it is.

Gamefly has a copy of the game, you rent it.

2 days later the game arrives, you play the game for 7 days and send it back to Gamefly. Then 2 days later game fly gets it back, at which point they mail it to Joe, 2 days later it gets to Joe, and he plays it.

Let's say you are in California and Joe is in New York. There is a 4+ day time difference between your last play and Joe's first play.

Now let's say you are using a pirated copy. Now you, and Joe, and Jim all play the game the same day and get an update. Jim is in China, so this game in 1 day, has been played in California, New York, and China, that simply isn't possible.

As to someone using the header, it is possible that Nintendo will account for that. They could just ban the game from play at first, then if they see a pattern of banned games on your switch they will ban you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Anyone, played, online