Anyone out there use the PNY 16 gb USB drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Darkcloak, Sep 28, 2011.

Sep 28, 2011
  1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    The flash drive guide says the 16gb PNY flip drive doesn't work with the wii, but I was hoping perhaps it hasn't been updated and the USB loader channels have been patched to be compatible with new drives. I want to be sure that I didn't do something wrong and that it is in fact my drive that simply isn't compatible. If it doesn't work I don't know wht I'm gonna do with this thing and I'll be out $20.

2. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I use the PNY Attaché 16GB, and it works flawlessly. Everything works with it.
    I'm not sure if the one your looking into will work, but it's the same brand. Try the Attaché, it's cheap, and always works.

Also, if it doesn't work, you could always just go back to the store and return it, or just say I bought the wrong kind.

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Attache-Flash-Dr...6262&sr=8-1

(Also, when you buy it you get a free movie download (from a limited list of movies). You can't say that's a bad deal for $20 + free standard s&h)

3. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    I used a transend 16GB usb2.0 stick before I got an HDD. Havnt seen it listed anywhere, but it worked flawless. (fat32)

4. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    The one I have has a flip around cover. It flips clockwise around it and slides over the connecter, and you flip it back and it locks behind it. It's 16gb. The size matters some of the PNY's work and some don't.