syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah theres no way you can take that to court...if you did it might end up getting turned around on you i know cops dont really go out of their way for pirated stuff but if they catch you with it they will do something about it...

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
they will just say u should have tried out the console b4 swapping, tis your own fault really

itslike buying a car with out having it checked out
There's a lemon law, not only that but that's what court is for...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am studying in to become a lawyer, yeah this wouldn't hold up in court, in fact this one would pretty much be over looked and ignored. Plus this seems more like it would bite you back in the end for the modded wii if there are pirated games on it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm from a family of lawyers, but even if i weren't, I could tell you that you'd never be able to do anything in court. Trust me, as soon as you try to pursue this in court, you'll be busted for piracy. And I can assure you that it's much much better to deal with the loss of a Wii (which can be bought for less than $250) than having to face jail time or even a fine in the thousands of dollars. You don't ever want to pursue anything in court that involves you doing something like hacking a Wii. All the other guy has to do is blab on you about hacking a Wii and you're busted.

Of course, nothing stopping you from threatening him OUTSIDE of court, unless he goes to the police for assault.
tongue.gif

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Why not just tell the dude you didn't tell me it was banned and ask for your wii back?

I did, he called the cops on me and refused to return my wii and claimed that I gave him a broken console (which is not true)

Posts merged

QUOTE(granville @ Feb 23 2010, 06:13 AM) I'm from a family of lawyers, but even if i weren't, I could tell you that you'd never be able to do anything in court. Trust me, as soon as you try to pursue this in court, you'll be busted for piracy. And I can assure you that it's much much better to deal with the loss of a Wii (which can be bought for less than $250) than having to face jail time or even a fine in the thousands of dollars. You don't ever want to pursue anything in court that involves you doing something like hacking a Wii. All the other guy has to do is blab on you about hacking a Wii and you're busted.

Of course, nothing stopping you from threatening him OUTSIDE of court, unless he goes to the police for assault.
tongue.gif
but he's equally guilty because he gave me a modded console as well.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your point? Being guilty has nothing to do with it. You're BOTH going to jail if you both modded your systems or whatever. If you're ok with going to jail, as long as he goes with you, be my guest. I wouldn't do it though, not for $200... >_>

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That sucks dude...
unsure.gif

but like everyone else said it was also your fault for not checking it before you trade it.
even if you got to court, I don't think they would do anything for you man...
Why don't you just sell it somewhere? I think there is bunch of ppl who would buy it even tho its banned.
its not like its broken. the only problem is that you can't play online right?

PS. I thought Modding systems was not illegal? unless if on that Wii there were some games he pirated tho...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
PS. I thought Modding systems was not illegal? unless if on that Wii there were some games he pirated tho...
both systems violate the DMCA
circumvent copyright protection

anyway to the op, you cant do anything legal wise

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one would go to jail over this, no more than if you tried to take someone to court for ripping you off in an illegal poker game. The small claims judge will just be all "courts don't enforce contracts involving breaking the law" and "you have to come to court with clean hands" and "case dismissed". If the judge even understands what modded, wii, banned, and 360 mean that is. If not well, hey, maybe you can get a judgment. I suggest contacting the Judge Judy show.

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember someone jokingly telling me I should take the 360 and throw it through his window :/, I didn't bother testing it the first time because I've actually traded things with him before. I guess I'll have to sell it off then; thanks anyway to the people who actually said something helpful.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he isnt liable for anything unless he specifically said it was not banned as well as you have proof that he had said that it was not banned.

and come the fuck on you traded a wii for a 360 grow up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol