Anyone liking the new competition?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by R2DJ, May 15, 2008.

May 15, 2008

Anyone liking the new competition? by R2DJ at 9:34 PM (1,097 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    There's a reason they didn't want to show the times of people.

1) So people won't get crazy by trying to defeat the time and stop the "constant restarts just because you bump onto a wall" syndrome.
    2) For additional suspense duh!!!

I like it because you are only allowed to use the Wii Wheel. It was a good move from Ninty to utilise this rule. I hated the first competition. 1:34??? Even if I take
    the shortcuts, using the "best" kart/bike and being invincible for three laps, I could only go for 1:54:000!!! I even used the Classic controller...

Anyways, back to the topic. Are you ticked off of the fact that in order to get into the competition, you have to get the Wheel from the box and temporarily get your hands off (and possibly take a bit of your skills away) from GC/Remote+Nunchuk/Classic Controller???

For me, it's a bit easy because I have used the Wheel since day one. I promised myself to never use any other control scheme other than the wheel in Wi-Fi. I sticked to that in competitions. It was also the first time I used the Manual option instead of Automatic, to get a drift and possibly to shave some milliseconds.

2. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I also used the Wiimote since I got it. I tried the gamecube and wiimote+nunchuck, but loved the wiimote the best since it's fun using it. My girl loves playing with the wiimote as well.

3. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nice! didn't know that was on yet - 2nd go, 115.2 - sure I can better that though!

4. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    112.6 best time and I'll leave it there for this evening.

5. Cooldad

Newcomer Cooldad Newbie

United States
    I'm loving it, much better than before because I lost hope!