Anyone knows how they determine to make a DS TCG?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kevenka, Jan 20, 2009.

Jan 20, 2009
  1. kevenka
    OP

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As the topic says...I was wondering why aren't there developers for games like pokemon TCG and yugioh TCG...I mean I would really like to play the updated pokemon TCG compared to the GBC's version...The story doesn't even have to be that great, I would just like to battle out with my friends with the most updated cards [​IMG]

2. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. kevenka
    OP

United States
    wait, is that the real tcg or coming to the ds? [​IMG]

4. romeoondaline

Member romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

United States
    humm..i quite really dont know it is kinda confusing..

5. TwilitSky

Newcomer TwilitSky Member

United States
    I don't think it's referring to a DS installation of the TCG... sorry, but don't keep your hopes up. If they had plans to create a game, they would've done so many years ago. Also, while a Yugioh DS game hasn't been released for over a year, a new one is coming soon: the 2009 World Championship edition.

6. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Pretty obvious that the link given is for the actual trading card game (the one played with real cards). I mean, c'mon, they even show pics of the card packs.

7. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    The next Yu-gi-oh is due out in about two months and is called Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Stardust Accelerator: World Championship 2009.....

8. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    I'd agree though, even as much as i like the Yugioh games, i'd love a new Pokemon TCG game, the one on GBC owned.

9. ShigeruTR

Member ShigeruTR GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    We did wait long time but not release a Pokémon TCG game for DS.
    Chance : %0

If it announce I'll wait Wi-Fi Opt. and Downloadable Content.
    I want card battle on Wi-Fi and see new cards every week.

10. kevenka
    OP

United States
    well the new yugioh game will cheer me up...I wonder far they will go with the booster packs...Wondernig if they will have the latest set before releasing the game.

11. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Seems really odd that Nintendo hasn't done another Pokemon TCG, hell I'd thought a remake of the original game or even the Japan only sequels would have at least happened.

If a piece of crap like Pokemon Dash sold well I'm sure something a lot better would.

12. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Exactly, and seeing as they pump out Pokemon games, and they already done 2 remakes, i'd expect them to at least release a remake for the DS, if they don't wanna make a new one.

13. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States

I wish I could say i'm surprised that theres not a pokemon tcg for the ds but hell they couldn't even translate the 2nd one for us on the gbc [​IMG]

14. IzzehO

Member IzzehO GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Pokemon TCG was by far the best and most well balanced card based game made for the gameboy. Yugioh was pathetic and so unbalanced where some magic cards could wipe the floor, others would do absolutely nothing and ask a whole lot more, the same went for most of the others...

So want this now you guys mentioned it...

15. melvox

Member melvox GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    As for TCGs... I'd like to see a M:TG TCG DS version...what would be something oh and with downloadablecontent.... nice [​IMG]

16. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Ugh. They're making more games based on the new Yugi anime series? They should just make them based on the original story. I mean, it's no literacy masterpiece but it's a hell of a lot better than then new stuff they stick the name "Yu-Gi-Oh!" on.

Wouldn't bet on a Pokemon or a Magic the Gathering game though, as much as I'd like to play a Pokemon one. Both have had very few video games adaptations released.

17. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There have been a few computer adaptations, but the problem is that M:TG has a system that doesn't lend itself well to AI... it makes much more extensive use of cards that modify the overall rules, often in ways that can encourage you to do counter-intuitive things. Even the best MTG programs I've seen would still shoot themselves in the foot occasionally for no obvious reason.

In YuGiOh, the AI can usually just look ahead one turn when planning, and if a particular action ends up with it ahead in cards (and not, well, dead or something), it's usually a good thing to do. In M:TG, looking ahead is much harder.

18. cutterjohn

Member cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Digging up a thread thats beginning to go offish a bit, but I too would like to see a MtG TCG. Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon TCGs are just too simplistic, with th eonly strategy really being putting together a good deck, then hoping for the luck of the draw. OTOH MtG requires little things like mana(land cards) before you can even start to do anything, so it increases challenging deck building, strategy of playing card, AND luck of the draw.

19. sa1amandra

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    just wait for Stardust Excellerator to come out at the end of this month. All WC games have a wide variety of languages. I beat the Jap version of WC2008 in full english. i wont be surprised if they leave it out this time around since the added 3D, Racing, and Customizable Bikes and maybe customizable characters

20. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia
    oh fun~

but how i wish they make a yu gi oh game like the ones that are in gameboy advance the ones with a story line