Homebrew Anyone knows about Streetpass Plaza and Mii data? For generation purposes

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The recent update to Streetpass Plaza gives the user 1 free Streetpass Plaza game. I went with Slot Cars. After playing with it, I found it requires at least 1 Streetpassed Mii in order to continue playing the game with Playcoins.

I'm not going with Homepass, given that I don't have Linux, I can't have Linux because Alienware blocked me from installing Linux, else the hard drive will be undetectable and the bootup screen will say, "No bootable device" before prompting me. I don't have a rooted Android device, and I can't make it rooted because closed ecosystem. I don't have Streetpass even when walking for over 500,000 steps in September, taken from my Activity Log.

I've decided to set out and research if it's possible to generate a Streetpass Mii from the 3DS itself to play.

My humbly low-effort research suggested the Streetpass Mii is an encrypted data. How it generates data relies on Wireless connections to a router, fetch some MAC addresses, then generate the Mii from those MAC addresses with the corresponding user-created Mii profile.

If I can just copy a Mii data, then paste it back into Streetpass Plaza, maybe I can get unlimited Mii players?

Again, all of these are just speculations, and I believed I may be at the opening area of a big rabbit hole I'm about to walk into.

If you have any resources on Streetpass Plaza data and Mii data structures, please let me know, and I'll look into this.

Thanks in advance.

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your just looking to get Miis then correct? If you need any coins then JKSM gives you 300 coins whenever you want. Or if you just need a Mii you must have a McDonalds near by don't you? Otherwise sorry. Since 2 years ago when the really good Streetpass Relay for windows stopped working, its back to the old fashioned way. Or get a raspberryPI. Cheap way to streetpass.

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That ain't an iphone brother. Did you check XDA?
On the other hand, I don't really know anything about Streetpass Plaza and Mii Data. There should be a thread or two in Rom Hacking or HB Dev.

Already did. My phone cannot be rooted, because it is not from one of the vendors that provide unlockers.

So your just looking to get Miis then correct? If you need any coins then JKSM gives you 300 coins whenever you want. Or if you just need a Mii you must have a McDonalds near by don't you? Otherwise sorry. Since 2 years ago when the really good Streetpass Relay for windows stopped working, its back to the old fashioned way. Or get a raspberryPI. Cheap way to streetpass.
I need to have a Mii because I have 1 of the 3 StreetPass Plaza games requiring at least 2 or more Miis count in total in order to fully play them. Slot Cars is one of them. I am thinking about generating Miis via data manipulation, but I guess this is not possible? I'm still researching into this.

I'm unable to get a successful StreetPass despite me logging over 500,000 steps in total for 2016.

Last edited by delete12345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended