Discussion Anyone know what causes white icons SXOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Caleb Metzger, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Caleb Metzger
    OP

Caleb Metzger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Read a few different threads but no one every had an answer about this issue. Some XCI files when split for FAT32 such as Crash Bandicoot appear as a white icon with an unknown developer. The game still launches but its just a bit bothersome. Anybody have any ideas as to why its just specific to this game? SD card is legitimate and tried a few different dumps it appears only to happen when splitting the XCI

2. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Well, the only time it happened to me was because it was a fake card. Other than that I haven`t had that issue never again.

3. lickwid

lickwid Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    If you're using MacOS, try deleting the ._ files.

4. Caleb Metzger
    OP

Caleb Metzger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    We’re you using a split XCI on FAT32? Did the game still launch when it happened to you? Just trying to narrow down the causes.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not using a MacOS though I have definitely heard it can cause that problem.

5. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    For me it's always from copying the files with a mac. There's a terminal command to remove the dot files.

6. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    No they weren`t splitted, it was exFAT, and yes some games launched well and all, like 4 or 5, but the others where blank and the data corrupted, no matter how many times I formatted the card. I changed cards and all was well and good.

7. Matt7402

Matt7402 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    United States
    USA
    I had the same thing when i split xci files for Fat32. I think 2 of the 10 I did had that happen, not sure why though. They still loaded just fine though.

8. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I just googled "Crash Bandicoot XCI gbatemp" and found multiple reports of it happening for exactly that game, only for people who have split that exact XCI in FAT32.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/does-crash-n-sane-trilogy-dump-works-on-sx-os.509891/

I use exFAT and I've never had that problem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supreme23 likes this.
  9. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    Crash does this for me too and is also split on Fat32. I saw someone recommend deleting special characters from the name but that didn't help.

Wolfenstein, Monster Hunter Generations, and the recent Super Smash leak all do it as well. Just blank white squares for title cards with "unknown developer" while other split games like Tropical Freeze work just fine showing pictures.

Supreme23 likes this.
  10. MABarracus

MABarracus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    Spain
    It happens to me only with splitted xci of gamecards v2

11. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    username23bob likes this.
  12. Supreme23

Supreme23 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2017
    United States

I like to use the cheat searcher so I'm trying to get this working properly with fat32. Still getting the white blocks with unknown developer

13. masagrator

masagrator Polish digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Newest version of SX OS should have this issue resolved. You can always convert game to cart1, and then split.

Supreme23 likes this.
  14. DaBlackDeath

DaBlackDeath .::[ lone wolf ]::.

Dec 22, 2007
    Germany
    You could use an usb stick with exFat for large XCI. Only SD Card needs to be in FAT32 for safe cheat searching with SX OS.

Supreme23 likes this.
  15. Supreme23

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Will try this if I can't figure out whats going on with nspdivider

16. Supreme23

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Finally figured out what it was (white blocks, crashing upon entering hbmenu, unknown developer). Went back to 2.5.2 and installing works now. Was on 2.5.3