Anyone know how to update nand to (any exploitable one)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nemofunk, Apr 4, 2015.

1. nemofunk
    OP

nemofunk Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Alright after *some digging I haven't been able to figure out if it can be done, I have one of the Japanese N3ds with 8.1.0-0J as its version and no easy access to games, I was curious if anyone out there has been able to figure out a way to update the nand so that OoT exploit for Gateway mode to work as I clearly missed the window to get the 9.5.0 update while in emunand.

I can launch into the gateway menu but then when I try to get into gateway mode it launches but I cant pull up the rom selector, which is a known bug.

So anyone out there that knows a way I can do this please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2. cmbeke

cmbeke Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Margen67 likes this.
  3. nemofunk
    OP

nemofunk Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Sadly, at the moment I dont have either, I will hopefully get my sky soon (its on its way), but I am getting impatient waiting for it haha.

Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to do it without buying anything new at least for the time being.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Does Gateway still support the "dd rom directly to microsd" way?

5. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
  6. Procyon

Procyon TheRealProcyon

Dec 13, 2014
    Netherlands
    /home/procyon
    If you buy a gamecard with version 9.x on it you can update to thoose versions only using the gamecard

7. nemofunk
    OP

nemofunk Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Alright so I have finally gotten my Sky3ds, I have also tried updating the system via a game but nothing seems to be working, anyone able to instruct me on doing the update via a game rom (sky3ds) that would be greatly appreciated.

8. nemofunk
    OP

nemofunk Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Alright so I have finally gotten my Sky3ds, I have also tried updating the system via a game but nothing seems to be working, anyone able to instruct me on doing the update via a game rom (sky3ds) that would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention I have a Japanese N3ds LL