Anyone know how to tie an adjustable knot?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Jugarina, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Jugarina
    OP

Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2011
    United States
    NY
    I have this rope that is all one piece, (in other words It doesn't have ends, It is just a circle of rope If I was to lay It down on the ground).

I want to be able to tie a knot In It that can be adjusted, (pulled up and down to make tight or loose kinda like how an adjustable leather necklace would be knotted I guess).

I don't know If I have to make two knots or one to accomplish this, If anyone knows knot names or instructions/tutorials on how to make a knot like this I would appreciate It.

Thanks.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    ...are you planning on hanging yourself or something? By the way, making an adjustable knot is like, 10 times easier on a single rope rather than a "circle".

In any case... Is that what you need?

3. Jugarina
    OP

Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2011
    United States
    NY
    It is a single rope but does not have ends and no I'm not planning on hanging myself or anyone else.

Is there a adjustable knot that doesn't require cutting the rope?

4. forerofore

forerofore Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2011
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

pretty easy huh?

5. Jugarina
    OP

Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2011
    United States
    NY
    That's sorta what I was looking for but making adjustments always leaves one side longer then the other when I pull It up to tighten because you can only pull one side or the other to bring the knot up but not both which leaves two loops.