Anyone Know How to Hack the steam port of Sonic CD?

alexmega30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanna do some sprite mods and music mods for Sonic CD (2011), I tried to find some tools and tutorials, but I found neither of those, any know how to?

alexmega30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone Know to to Pack the Files into the Data.rdsk? I Just Changed Some Sprites

Attachments

• Sonic1.gif
    Sonic1.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,363

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does anyone Know to to Pack the Files into the Data.rdsk? I Just Changed Some Sprites
I'm not familiar with the tool, but judging by this text, it should be able to repack the rsdk file:
Retrun-Sonic is a packer/unpacker for games made with The Taxman's Retro-Engine SDK (RSDK), which means, yes, that you can now
unpack the datafile of the new Sonic CD remake, modify the contents and then make a new datafile with the new contents, thereby modifying the game data.
Found here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=14203.0

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So in my case this command prompt is not working. Also this tutorial is also not working anymore. So I downloaded rsdk extractor. I know this video tutorial is old,right? There's also another not outdated video tutorial.

Also this thread was closed there https://steamcommunity.com/app/584400/discussions/0/1474221865180283239/
RetroED.exe stopped responding so I had to close the program. It crashed,but why? Also so sorry that it's written in polish language that you don't understand. At least I translated some text for you.
jBlES47.png

Last edited by Luke94,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
RetroED.exe stopped responding so I had to close the program. It crashed,but why? Also so sorry that it's written in polish language that you don't understand. At least I translated some text for you.
jBlES47.png
You're probably missing a runtime framework. Make sure you have the C++ runtime installed. You can get it from Microsoft's site.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I want to know one thing what happened with Sonic Mania Mod Studio why download links are no longer available and also old modding tutorials are outdated did creators of Sonic Mania changed a file structures in later updates aka Sonic Mania Plus or what? I really liked that old modding methods and I'll miss them.

O7qzSCq.gif

HsBruAS.gif
As you see here I also changed some sprites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s