Anyone know how to get rid of rats in the backyard?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How is someone with the online handle 'pyromaniac' recommending anything other than 'kill it with fire'? There's no logic left in the world now!

Seriously though, ultrasonic inhibiters. Tried, tested, harmless, cheap, and in no way damaging to crops. Perfect.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How is someone with the online handle 'pyromaniac' recommending anything other than 'kill it with fire'? There's no logic left in the world now!

Well, you could say a nuke is a sort of fire ;)
fire is, if I am correct, just the phenomena which occurs when matter is too "exited".

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want them in your cooking area, find where they come in at and sprinkle black pepper or put some orange peels around it. Mice have a rather acute sense of smell, black pepper and oranges tend to turn rats/mice away.

But if you want to kill em, get some traps and place them around.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Placed about 5 traps yesterday, only caught one.

Maybe I'll try using black pepper or citrus.
Traps are useless. Rats and mice are a lot smarter than they look. Those ultrasonic inhibiters are much more effective because they can't be evaded. Sends out a noise in all directions that drives them up the wall. They'll go miles to avoid these things.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Damn rats. Hate them. They used to eat my chicken's eggs that we often collect.
I have my husky x malamute who kills the rats in my large backyard. She often brings their dead corpses on the concrete to show her hunting ability. The rat's sizes range from small to effin size of rabbits but she still manages to bite them swiftly. I've watched her hunt and its awesome. She once used two sticks which were in a see saw position, chases the rat up to the see saw and she slammed her paw on the other side, propelling the rat in the air, giving her time to snatch it with a bone crunching snap. It was still squealing til my dog decided to throw the rat on the footpath with great impact, which died eventually after numerous throws lol Sorry I had to share my dogs awesomeness XD

So why not try some predator animals that will naturally kill rats?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH