Anyone know how to flash a Bung gbc cart with a modern cart flasher?

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i found my old bung cart and the flasher with a parallel interface, which i cannot satisfy obviously with modern hardware. (flasher may be broken)

i have a gbxcart flasher but that doesn't work.

any ideas ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i found my old bung cart and the flasher with a parallel interface, which i cannot satisfy obviously with modern hardware. (flasher may be broken)

i have a gbxcart flasher but that doesn't work.

any ideas ?
You should reach out to either Alex who made the GBxCart, or Lesserkuma who makes the software for it. (FlashGBX)
Either of them should be able to add support for the cart in the next FlashGBX version. (And Lesserkuma has a Ko-Fi tip jar, just sayin... ;) )

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should reach out to either Alex who made the GBxCart, or Lesserkuma who makes the software for it. (FlashGBX)
Either of them should be able to add support for the cart in the next FlashGBX version. (And Lesserkuma has a Ko-Fi tip jar, just sayin... ;) )
maybe not neccessary
https://github.com/lesserkuma/FlashGBX says
Bung 64M is supported

mrgone

old man
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh that's great! Were you using the official GBxCart software before this? :unsure:
i tried some years ago, but it just didn't write
on the other hand, the contents of the cart are still great, some trained games, original tetris, some demos and a musicdisk :)

but if it works i probably continue to use dgbmax and export a compiled rom from there for flashing

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This "modern hardware" is USB -> parallel port adapter? Or something more serious?
Sometimes drivers are still needed for those, or the driver for the parallel device won't be seen over a USB interface at all. And the older readers/writers require either 98SE or XP to be used, so you'd need old hardware or virtual machine.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I mean that often such adapters (USB -> parallel port) - are cheap junk which is good only for connecting some printers.
Better results can be achieved with PCI/PCMCIA/PCIe/ExpressCard cards with a parallel port. Not always though.
(And PCI/PCMCIA is also not modern equipment nowadays.)

Reactions: Kwyjor

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I invested into a GBxCart.
The combination with FlashGBX is awesome.
I already reflashed 3 repro carts from Aliexpress i had lying around ;)
I'm glad you enjoy it. If you ever have any newer bootlegs that aren't working right with it, just message Lesserkuma on Discord, and he can add support in a new release.

Reactions: mrgone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol