Anyone into gunpla?

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, anyone into gundam model kits? About 3 weeks ago i was at a hobby store and saw they had a small selection of gunpla kits. Ive always been curious about building 1 so i bought a cheap $14 hg one. I like building it so much i went back and bough 1 more hg and 2 mg kits. Then i was drunk one night and was like what the hell lets see whats up with gundam breaker 3 on ps4 and psvita. Found out there was a version with english subs. I liked playing the first 2 breaker games on ps3 and broke down and imported gb3 for both ps4 and vita from play asia.

I like gb3 but one thing i dont like is just like gb2, the parts just kind of randomly drop with a rng system instead of like the first breaker game were u had to knock off parts like arms heads jetpacks legs weapons ect and destroy the leftover mobile suit before it reattaches the parts to get those parts to build your own custom gundam. Basically its A game about kitbashing aka missmatching gunpla parts to make unique gunplas. In gb2 and gb3 they added micro transactions in the form of "luck boosters" that increase the drop rate of rare parts. Kinda like 3ofCoins in destiny. If ps4 game modding becomes a thing id love to enable luck boosters 100% of the time for free.

Im waiting on a gundam wing zero endless waltz edition mg kit from amazon then i think ill be done. I want to build a 1/60 perferect grad kit but they are a little too pricy and are less detailed with less parts than a 1/100 scale master grade kit.
Message_1472520981180.jpg
20160830_040616.jpg
Message_1472520981180.jpg
20160830_040616.jpg

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks like Transformers to me.
i always saw them as giant Japanese samurai robots. i truly have never really been into the animes but loved the japanese psp gundam games. reminded me of zone of the enders.

i just bought this one and it will be my last, its just so pretty <3
ban929454_5.jpg

W%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0.jpg

Sawakoji

Trophies
XP
Country
From what i can see Gunpla building isn't really popular in the western countries yet, they are very popular asian countries and have seen a few competitions where people submit built Gunpla.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is Lego in the west with far more refined build. With proper design Lego lock much steadier than gunpla (if that is actually Lego instead of some random Chinese knock off, sticky PCB string is every where)
@VinsCool Gundam is just a giant mech suit, like say Titan fall and load of Japanese games, including arcade. They are not sentient, Transformers are, unless you are a headmaster.

Last edited by Yil,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I've always loved seeing robots beating the crap out of each other and I admittedly grew up watching NGE (not really suitable for kids but who cared back in the 90's) which made my appreciation rise even futher. However, I have never seen Gundam (only played the Gundam Warriors beta/demo) so I might in the future but have one too many US shows to catch up with.

Btw, anyone here ever played Tech Romancer? If you haven't then you should, it's a gem of a mech fighting game on Dreamcast (so glad I own a copy!).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i always saw them as giant Japanese samurai robots. i truly have never really been into the animes but loved the japanese psp gundam games. reminded me of zone of the enders.

i just bought this one and it will be my last, its just so pretty <3
ban929454_5.jpg

W%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0.jpg
So gorgeous, it looks like an angel!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM