1. Remus22

OP Remus22 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been thinking, and I realized that, of the first five FE games, only the third has been properly translated. I know that the first is essentially included in the third, and has also been rereleased on DS, but there are differences between the original and the newer versions, and I think the public deserves an opportunity to play the original.

Essentially, I'd like to get 100% translations for FE 1, 2, 4, and 5. There's a ten percent translation for 1, a mostly complete one for 2, one that has essentially everything except the ending done for 4, and one for 5 that is not too far along.

I think that a team together would be able to complete this project and finally make the wish to play all of the Fire Emblem games a reality.

Here's the problem, however; I personally have no knowledge of ROM hacking or of Japanese, which means I can't do this alone. I would love to get a project like this off the ground, acting as a sort of project coordinator to a group of more-skilled-than-I translators and hackers. Translation would really not be necessary for FE 2 or 5, as scripts are readily available, and with a bit of searching I could most likely turn up scripts for 1 and 4 as well.

I do not expect this idea to be met with much, if any, enthusiasm, but I still do think it would be awesome to do this.

If anyone would be willing to help take up this project, let me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translations, interested, restarting