Anyone interested in restarting old school Fire Emblem translations?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Remus22, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Remus22
    OP

Newcomer Remus22 Newbie

United States
    I've been thinking, and I realized that, of the first five FE games, only the third has been properly translated. I know that the first is essentially included in the third, and has also been rereleased on DS, but there are differences between the original and the newer versions, and I think the public deserves an opportunity to play the original.

Essentially, I'd like to get 100% translations for FE 1, 2, 4, and 5. There's a ten percent translation for 1, a mostly complete one for 2, one that has essentially everything except the ending done for 4, and one for 5 that is not too far along.

I think that a team together would be able to complete this project and finally make the wish to play all of the Fire Emblem games a reality.

Here's the problem, however; I personally have no knowledge of ROM hacking or of Japanese, which means I can't do this alone. I would love to get a project like this off the ground, acting as a sort of project coordinator to a group of more-skilled-than-I translators and hackers. Translation would really not be necessary for FE 2 or 5, as scripts are readily available, and with a bit of searching I could most likely turn up scripts for 1 and 4 as well.

I do not expect this idea to be met with much, if any, enthusiasm, but I still do think it would be awesome to do this.

If anyone would be willing to help take up this project, let me know.