Hacking Anyone in the UK used playmods.co.uk for their gateway?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hopefully going to order a gateway soon, I live in the UK and there's been some mixed feedback about using teensy, I noticed today there's a few more UK official resellers on gateway's website and 'http://www.playmods.co.uk/en/gateway-3ds.html' is one of them.

Because it's in euros it'll work out cheaper than teensy even with the shipping, but I wanted to check if anyone has used these guys yet for some feedback?

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I ordered 2 Gateways from them about two weeks ago. Received them in about 1.5 weeks in Belgium. I think Paypal was the only payment option.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After what I have read about Eachmail on this webboard there is no chance in hell I would ever order from them.

Good choice. I'm still waiting on the DSTwo I ordered almost two months ago, place your bets on which happens first - the package arrives, or Paypal makes its decision on my dispute claim :)

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ordered one time on playmods with Paypal after some problems with an other GW official reseller (no shipping, no answer to my emails, and maybe the one who stolen my creditcard number).

It went good with Playmods, but cannot be a general rule.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After what I have read about Eachmail on this webboard there is no chance in hell I would ever order from them.
I had no problems with eachmall and I got my Gateway from there, what's wrong with them?
I referred another member to them as well and although it took a couple days for his wire transfer to clear it went through without problems and his package is now on its way.

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used Playmods before and I had a positive experience with them. I ordered my Gateway 3ds at the start of october and it arrived in 4 working days to Ireland, which I was fairly impressed with as i selected the 5-10 day delivery option. Once it arrived though it was effectively dead on arrival as I was getting errors with the FGPA chip (which i posted a thread about here asking whether to just return it or to try fix it myself). Once it was decided to return the chip, i emailed their support at around 10pm cyprus time. They replied to me within 20 minutes asking me to return the red card to them. I sent the card the next day and included tracking on it so as I could provide proof of sending it to them (this was for my own reassurance and not anything they asked for). I then sent a copy of my receipt with the tracking information to them at which point they replied and told me that my replacement was going to be in the post the next day and I would be emailed a tracking number. Sure enough the next day I received my tracking number, few days later I got my replacement and everything has been going smoothly since.

I would recommend them if you don't mind paying the extra, especially since from my experience their customer service was easy to deal with and very good at responding.

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the Uk & I got my Gateway from Modchips direct in the US as teensy was out of stock, it arrived after a few days, when I ordered my son's Gateway I got it from Teensy & it took about 2 weeks to arrive & they were supposed to have them in stock at the time

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had no problems with eachmall and I got my Gateway from there, what's wrong with them?
I referred another member to them as well and although it took a couple days for his wire transfer to clear it went through without problems and his package is now on its way.

Just search this webboard. You will find lots of people who have had problems with them (wrong cards, problems paying, having to wait months for the package to arrive etc)

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I ordererd a Gateway 3DS from playmods.co.uk on Wednesday, December 10. I payed immediately via PayPal, but yet I got no message from the store that my order was processed / shipped or something along these lines until today, so I'm starting to worry that something went wrong. I thought playmods were supposed to send me an email containing the tracking number and maybe a message confirming that the pruchase was successfull. All I got from them until now is the confirmation email for my newly created account, which I verified before making the purchase, of course. I already contacted the support yesterday morning, but even there I am still waiting for an answer. Looking at their website, gateway still seems to be in stock. So I think my order should have been processed by now. If it matters, I went with priority air mail as shipping option. Has anyone here experienced the same with playmods.co.uk? Did any of you get confirmation that your purchase was successfull, that your order was processed?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I was looking at them yesterday, their facebook is full of "we'll give you 5 euro off if you post about us to gbatemp and [some other sites i forget]" so I doubt they're not legit, since if they were all those reviews would be negative and they'd make no money ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU