Gaming Anyone in the UK going to line up on launch day?

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I pre-ordered mine from GAME wimbledon (Not the closest store to me but I was in the area at the time) when they first started taking pre-orders. Is anyone here planning to line up to get one on launch day this friday?
cool.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope!
biggrin.gif

I'll be spending the night in my warm cosy bed, instead of being crouched down leaning on a urine soaked wall. Expecting a courier on Friday to rat-a-tap-tap on my door and hand over my Wii goodies.
wub.gif

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of people here in The Netherlands have received their Wii's today from online pre-order T_T. And they are still not selling them in the normal shops
tongue.gif
. So Cruel ...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna sit around hoping Argos are going to be able to deliver it in between taking truck loads of sovereign rings to scratty chavers.

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm, lets see, called GAME and they said I could come and pick up my pre-ordered Wii when they open on Friday. Ok, so checked on the internet… hmm, they open at 7am… Ok, so that makes it 40 hours and 4 minutes till I have my Wii in my hands… errum… then another 10 hours and 30 minutes till I get home from work… that makes, err, 50hours and 34 minutes till I can play my Wii!!!

All that time! Stupid fourth dimension!
mad.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. Personally, I think if I tried that, I'd be crazy as it's way too cold. And no-one would be doing it as well. Does Tesco sell the Wii consoles? I remember going to a midnight launch of the latest Harry Potter book and it was quite civilised.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i live in a town of 30.000 people & we have 6 shops selling them they were all taking pre orders so i think its unlikely anyone will have to que up in my town
plus game stations opening at midnight so all the hardcore gamers will probably go there

woolworths
dixons
currys
whsmiths
argos
game station

jolanar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am at 7am when game opens only because they have said tyhey will remove preordered games from peoples bundles to give to the others

Nintomdo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I pre-ordered mine from GAME wimbledon (Not the closest store to me but I was in the area at the time) when they first started taking pre-orders. Is anyone here planning to line up to get one on launch day this friday?Â
cool.gif
Hay, I've pre-ordered at the Wimbledon branch of GAME also. I'll be getting down there for about 7ish when they open, I booked the day off work for it but I have to drop my Dad and Nan off at the airport (Heathrow) first. It's cool as they're flying out quite early (7.30 I think) so they have to be there by at least 5. I just hope that the traffic isn't that heavy on the way back.
Man, I can't wait to get some Wii action going, I'll be on it all weekend. Might get some friends 'round after a nights drinking to raz it up on Wii Sports.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've pre-ordered, I'll be picking up my in city london - who plan to camp? hellll noooooo!... (weather reported: 30 to 70 mph of winds on thursday breezy spells over night and it might night?)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My towns not big enough to be having a midnight launch. Places open like Asda will probably be putting them on the shelves early in the morning. Was looking on the argos website last night at the wii, you can't pre order it or reserve it in the store. For how many wiis that will be available at lauch in the UK, I suggest getting your tent and camping stove ready.

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome Nintomdo. I'll probably see you there. Can't wait till the wii party starts!
grog.gif

I'll probably spend thirty seconds before I turn it on just looking at it next to my TV
bow.gif

Nintomdo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome Nintomdo. I'll probably see you there. Can't wait till the wii party starts! 
grog.gif

I'll probably spend thirty seconds before I turn it on just looking at it next to my TV 
bow.gif
Yeah alright, I'll be wearing a cream beanie w/green strip and a brown zip-up sweatshirt (standard casual). If you see me just pop-up and say hay if you want.
I think the 5-10 mins it takes to update will be a long enough time to break-in the awe of the aesthetics of the system. I don't want to droll for too long.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ill probably see one of you on the way back to your cars
ill be wearing a black & white striped top a red French beret a little black mask
& carrying a large bag over my shoulder
wink2.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pre Ordering shouldn't be allowed, let everyone queue up instead of letting the lazy bastards jumping the queue because they've pre ordered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans