Anyone in the NL imported a PAL NEW 3DS XL ?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lolboy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I am thinking of importing a PAL New 3DS XL and would like to know if anyone from here that lives inside the Netherlands has experience doing so?

The questions I have:
    - Where did you order ?
    - How long did the delivery take ?
    - Did you have to pay any other fees/tax and how much?
    - Is the new 3ds worth it ?

Guys in neighboring countries (EU) are also welcome to answer my questions :)

Thanks in advance,

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu

365games.co.uk
    3 days
    no import tax as they are in the UK
    fuck 2 the YES

lolboy likes this.
  3. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    I got mine from play Asia
    No import tax
    3 day delivery
    I live in Germany
    It is worth it all though I have about 1-2mm play in the screen left and right

lolboy likes this.
  4. BobPwnz

BobPwnz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    I also bought mine from playasia.
    No import tax
    3 days also
    Live in UK.
    if your going to use the 3d effect a lot and if you want to play titles like Xenoblade chronicles then yes

lolboy likes this.
  5. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    Thanks guys for the reply.

So, in Germany and UK no extra fees or taxes if one order from play asia, i wonder if the same applies for us in NL.

6. Koldur

Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    In the Netherlands FedEx sends you an invoice by mail with import taxes at a later time (normally a week) if you buy through Play-Asia, read this on tweakers and budgetgaming for about 8 people and they all got the invoice.

lolboy likes this.
  7. froatsnook

froatsnook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    United States
    Is it normal for you guys not to have to pay import taxes in the EU (from Asia)? Do you have to pay VAT? In Switzerland we pay approximately 14 EUR + 8% order value (including shipping).

lolboy likes this.
  8. aresary

aresary Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2014
    Gambia, The
    thats right.
    living in Germany, preordered from play-asia. payed 218€. 3 weeks after receiving my new 3ds xl, i got an invoice with 54€ from fedex.

lolboy likes this.
  9. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    For what it's worth:

Play Asia
    4 days
    Usa/Chicago - no import tax but they did call and ask if the device emits or alters radio waves

It's totally worth it to me even though I already have a 4.5 xl. The 3d system is greatly improved using the front camera to track your eyes and adjusts so it's always perfect 3d even at max affect. The screens are a bit larger, the volume is louder, the battery life is longer and the system itself is much faster. I can see homebrew eventually taking great advantage of the systems power! While da1e85 has 1-2mm of play (which imo is far too much and defective) mine has less than half a millimeter of movement of and which feels normal on my system. (I'm a mechanic and deal with minute measurements daily enough to accurately estimate my system hinge play)

lolboy likes this.
  10. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    Mine was a rough estimate it might be less than that but there is play

11. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    You have to pay import tax in Europe
    the question is:

Does customs pick your package to check what's in it!!!

If it does then you have to pay the taxes, if not, you are lucky!
    Also if the catch you, your name comes in a database and all next packages will get checked (i know cause i used to import alot of consoles from asia in the past for personal collectors use)
    I got caught 1 time and had to pay import taxes, since then every package ordered from outside Europe was openend and i had to pay taxes (and in Belgium if it gets picked out you pay alot of taxes, if you don't the package gets destroyed)
    (I have a few letters of packages i refused to pay taxes where the told the had to inform me that the packages was gonna be destroyd)

Also the don't care about the value given on the package or the message gift, if the open your package the take the highest price it would cost and calculate on that your tax, that's why i refused some to pay, i payed 50 euro and the paper i got said value 189euro and i had to pay more then i had payed for it (almost 60 euro)

So i don't order anything from outside europe, if i do order something i ask if the shipping is from within europe (some european sellers ship there goods from Asia)

[EDIT] the cost can go higher cause you have to pay for all there administrative work to!, so it can go as high as 50% of what you payed.

You can fight the customs bill send by DHL or another delivery company when the send you the papers with custom tax to pay before delivery, i did it the last time, i refused to pay DHL unless the could give me the paperwork from customes with official stamps and i called customs to ask if DHL could ask me to pay the custom taxes to them, the could not, only official custom papers send to you in an official enveloppe from customs could order you to pay and why, so after alot of arguments i had to pay only paperwork to DHL and never got a copy of the customs letter the so called had!

lolboy likes this.
  12. lolboy
    OP

lolboy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands

Thank you for sharing this. I dont really wanna pay 50+ on taxes or import costs. I currently have 2 3DS xl and one of them 4.5, so not in much hurry in getting the new one.

The reason I want new 3ds is because most of them come with firmware below 9.3 and i could use it with gateway (if they ever release) otherwise when they release in europe the chances are big it will have firmware above 9.3.

13. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Yeah i know, that's the reason why most ppl get a n3ds now :)

I personally will wait, if i get a n3ds it's for playing my bought games and be able to play them online and do all other online stuff with it, so i can wait