Pyrate02

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am using the steps as outlined above by Doyama.

The card I am using is a Kingston Micro SD card in a full size SD adapter. I have not had any problems with it before.

I have used it for Homebrew and USB Gecko OS for cheat codes.

This problem is driving me nuts.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a rapist and in my spare time I fix Wii's in NYC for money
smileipb2.png
!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NewYorkLawyer said:
To Mr. DS Fanatics:

I have researched how to do the mod and have taken the advice of a few members here. For some reason or another, its not working. I was able to install this mod on a friends Wii with success, but he had one with the old system version.

If you cannot post any useful comments, such as something helpful to me, then but out and go someplace else.

As for me being a lawyer - so what. You saying that I should be held to a higher moral caliber? Who are you and what do you do? Is it okay for you to be a crook? And how do you know I haven't bought all the games for which I made backups?

And, as for me having the money to buy games, etc. - that's really not the point. I enjoy hacking my Wii and, like you say in your description, I spend more time hacking, or trying to hack, than playing games. Its just a hobby for me.
I was just kidding dude, so chill out. Maybe you shouldn't make a post offering money for services regarding Wii hacking. How about simply asking for help regarding your situation?

I am a nice guy, and I try to help as much as I can. I don't have much experience hacking newer Wii systems, but I do read a lot. It seems that many new Wii systems need the Trucha Bug Restorer to bring the system back to a point where programs that rely on the bug can work. If you've successfully hacked an older Wii, it was probably vulnerable to all Trucha enabled hacking.

On my older Wii (I have 2), I accidentally updated in October 2008 to 3.3U, and I had to downgrade the IOS to restore functionality that would enable me to install wads, as well as launch the backup loaders. When I read about hacking new Wiis, it usually describes using Bannerbomb to aquire Homebrew Channel, and then restoring the Trucha Bug so you can use Wad Manager etc. I probably wasn't too helpful here, but I didn't want to leave you with the impression that I'm just some jerk. Please understand how your username and topic title could cause people to react. I mean, look at what this person said:

QUOTE(smash_brew @ Jul 29 2009, 03:37 PM) I might be heading out to brooklyn on saturday. Where are you in the city? I might be willing to make a stop if you cover my train fare and can assure me that you aren't some undercover nintendo spy, or a rapist.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be the sd card.

I helped a friend mod his wii and he was using a micro sd card the entire time.We got to the point to install bootmii as boot2 and it installed just fine but afterwards the system would freeze up upon start instead of going into the bootmii menu.He switched the card out and it worked perfect.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
newyorklawyer, after following that trucha bug restorer you should be able to install cios rev 14.

just make sure your drive is wbfs formatted and run a usb loader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you guys really trying to help??? Sorry i'm not good at detection of mean doings.

You get -1035 in the cIOS installer? You are running the wrong installer, get the rev14 installer. Also you might not be able to use the cIOS you are trying to install, i'm almost sure you have a boot2v4 Wii ==> all cIOS before rev11 will fail for you.

You are a lawyer, so you should have the money to buy the games, and if you say you enjoy the hacking, i have to say you s... at it, if you don't get it working yourself.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i guess man were just trying to help him like like we would any other guy on gbatemp with a ridiculous use name :]

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
My real user name is 1stmanonmoon, and my real name is Neil.

I can pilot a capsule but this wad shit is really difficult.

Any one come to crater 11 with a power supply and a decent wad manager?

Free oxygen on tap

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
goose1409 said:
To NewYorkLawyer,

Google ====> Crash's v9 wii mod kit

Send a PM if you need more help!

Good Luck!

wtf?

cIOSrev9 does not work on new Wiis. And there are lots of good guides here, while i only have seen ONE guide outside GBAtemp that is even acceptable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr