Gaming Anyone here's gonna get Xenoverse 2 on Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,760
  • Replies 33
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Dragon Ball fans alone will be serviceable but the rest might feel it's a lackluster, repetitive, dull fighting game which they would be right in thinking so. I've been considering on pre-ordering but the price is a bit steep for a re-release but I may get it anyway.

dragon-ball-1003506.jpg

It sounds like the Switch version will take full advantage of the hardware’s capabilities, however. Bandai Namco said on Twitter that Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch will feature ad-hoc multiplayer, motion controls and two-player battles on one system, with each player getting their own Joy Con controller.

Bandai Namco and developer Dimps have supported Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 with a series of downloadable content packs that include new characters, moves and story mode quests. It’s not clear if those DLC add-ons are coming to the Switch version, but we’ve reached out to the publisher for details.

Source: Polygon

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's 900p or above (when docked) and runs at a solid 60 FPS, I may consider it when it goes on sale.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I haven't purchased XV2 on Steam yet, I'll probably just do it there when it's cheap enough. Seems like the type of game I'll play through once singeplayer.
The game does feature online play but if I do get it I'll probably play the story mode and then not touch it again.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The game does feature online play but if I do get it I'll probably play the story mode and then not touch it again.
Just gib Smash? Just gib Smash. Sm4sh felt like a finale of sorts, so I'd be 100% fine if they just ported that to Switch. Would save time with the established roster, and most would be fine paying $47 - $60 for that. Melee HD would be great too, or a Melee pack-in with Sm4sh with online multiplayer.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Just gib Smash? Just gib Smash. Sm4sh felt like a finale of sorts, so I'd be 100% fine if they just ported that to Switch. Would save time with the established roster, and most would be fine paying $47 - $60 for that. Melee HD would be great too, or a Melee pack-in with Sm4sh with online multiplayer.
A remastered trilogy of the Smash series would be awesome and since it would be remasters they could do a rush job and we'd still be happy with it. Melee on the Switch? Sold!

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's 900p or above (when docked) and runs at a solid 60 FPS, I may consider it when it goes on sale.
60FPS until it's 3+ people on screen or some shit like that.

But fuck yes I'm buying it. Loved it on the PS4, will love it on the go. Those who say Xenoverse 2 sucks are bandwaggoning fucktards who haven't played it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
60FPS until it's 3+ people on screen or some shit like that.

But fuck yes I'm buying it. Loved it on the PS4, will love it on the go. Those who say Xenoverse 2 sucks are bandwaggoning fucktards who haven't played it.
Xenoverse 2 is more of the same of Xenoverse 1 but with new content and a more polished version. DB:XV2 doesn't suck but it's not amazing either, it's serviceable at best for its fans.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep. My laptop is too shit to run it so I'm actually looking forward to this and hopefully if there's enough interest to port Fighter Z to Switch, that too.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
why are people so obsessed with melee? i don't think many people here play competitively and smash4 has much more to offer in comparison
I'd rather prefer Tekken 7 on the Switch than another Smash but Melee or 4 would be okay.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Eh, it's all opinion. I thought it was fantastic.
Yes, it's an opinion but fighting games like Xenoverse/ARMS feel very limited to more technical and professional fighting game series. I'm sure I'll enjoy Xenoverse 2 and especially because of..

This version of the game will take advantage of the incredible features of the console like motion control option during the battles, local ad-hoc multiplayer up to 6, local battle with 2 Joy-Con, 1 system AND the chance to play wherever you want!

Admittedly Tenkaichi Tag was just a button-masher too but that was so much fun.

I'm gonna end up falling into Bandai's trap (support Xenoverse 2 for a chance to have FighterZ on the Switch) by my own will. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over