Anyone here tried to "retranslate" Rockman ZX?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by primeblue, Nov 20, 2006.

Nov 20, 2006
  1. primeblue
    OP

Newcomer primeblue Member

First I saw it on youtube, then through google I found a already deleted topic from gamefaqs forum from a guy saying how to replace text files of the japanese rom with the english text from the american rom so you could play with all the voices and stuff that was taken off of the official american version

Well, I did that, and it worked fine
    I played the first few mission and everything was perfect
    ... until I talked to some NPC on the city, and the game freezed.

I was wondering if someone here tried to do this...
    Maybe I'm missing some files to replace? Or I replaced something I shouldn't have replaced?

I'd ask the guy I quoted, but, as I said, the topic was deleted, so I can't contact him

Still, if I don't find any solution to this, I encourage you to try it if you'd like to play with the japanese voices...
    the game is fully playable so far, just avoid talking to the city NPCs
    I haven't played the whole game yet, so I don't know if that would case any problems on later mission, but until now all the "event" NPCs work fine

2. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    actually i though this was impossible, but sounds pretty cool, i'm gonna give it a try.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Such a project has been on my to do list for ages but that seems a bit quick and dirty for my liking, with some refinement (editing the Japanese files to resemble the English rather than a straight replace for instance) that could work well.

4. primeblue
    OP

Nice!
    If you eventually get to do it, be sure to share it :b

5. primeblue
    OP

After all, it didn't work that well...
    It freezes when talking to most of the guardian hq people too, including the Lab guy, so I don't think I'll continue it

Damn, I just wish I knew how to do this right
    now that I already experienced english text + original voices, I don't feel like playing the american version anymore :|