halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Just wondering.

For a long time now, I have only owned a Nintendo DS. I have had a PSP and a PS2 and an xbox before, but now, the only games I play are Nintendo DS Games. I have no real interest in a proper games console as I like to play games when I get the chance, I hate being stuck in one room, with one tv, away from my girl.

So portable gaming is the only way I play now. And I like it.

Anyone else?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't personally like portable gaming. Actually I sold my ds lite and bought ps3 few months ago. I also have psp, but I use it mainly for videos and music.
I kind of feel that i'm wasting time if i'm playing something on a tiny screen. When i could enjoy big screen and "better" games.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to play almost only DS games.. but last month I bought a Wii..
tongue.gif

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
TaMs, I have a different outlook to you. I dont have time to devote to playing on a big screen, but find portable gaming gives me sufficent fix whenever I have an opportunity.

I love playing games, and always will, but my lifestyle does not really allow for siting at home on a big screen telly. Not so long ago I went round my brothers and he showed me Call Of Duty 4 on the xbox 360. I thought it looked amazing, so I went home and played through the entire DS version of Call Of Duty and 4 and got just as much pleasure as I did on the xbox360 version.

I must be very strange.....

rix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was never much into gaming, until a year ago, when I bought ds lites for my sons.
Since then, I've been playing more and more games on the ds, and bought a ds lite myself
laugh.gif

We have a computer, dedicated for gaming, but that's not being used as often as the ds lites.
The game computer is being used for games that are not available on the DS/Wii.

There is also a Wii in the house, but that's also not being used as much as the ds lites.
The thing is that if someone is watching tv, gaming on the Wii is not possible :'(

So what normally happens is that someone is watching tv, and if I want to play a game, I play on the ds lite.
(No Twilight Princess for me....
cry.gif
)

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my DSlite from the money I earned selling my Gamecube! €250 so I went from multiplayer mayhem with friends to handheld gaming while on the move. It was a big change and sometimes I realy mis the times of playing on a console with some friends
frown.gif
To bad that xbox360 and PS3 are to expencive for me. Also I do like the games for the 360 but if they make consoles that die so easy I wont buy one... Luckly my brother is going to buy a WII
tongue.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I play quite much on my DS, maybe 1-2H a day often ( which mostly is in school where 3 of my friends have a DSlite of their own, so we play 4player games quite much, and it tends to be Jump Ultimate Stars
tongue.gif
), sometimes it can go several days without playing tho.
I play some games on my computer, but mostly WC3 with friends.
and i got a Wii to play with my cousins and friends.

franko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I´m pretty much in the same situation as halljames, My xbox is only used for DVD playing with tons of games i will never finish. However my DS goes with me everywhere, so 99% of my videogame playing is on a DS (Basically the only game I play that is not on the DS is Portal)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gone through phases of handheld play only. Back in the N64 days was a good point of time I did that and off and on in the GC era and even now too to a much lesser degree. Thanks to box art getting more deceptive, reviewers being bought off(gamespot proven to be 1 of many), and so much hype before truth you can't tell. When you hit that wall and go...$50 hmm and dunno, I back off and don't risk so much now as it's not worth the turn around losses. Due to that stuff I went for good stretches on the GBC, GBA, and even the DS where I'd do that for weeks or more at a time exclusively, perhaps a month or a few of them back in the N64 days when you'd get one damn fine game every few months I'd want.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I don't have a girlfriend, but I find it much easier to boot up some random game on my DS than on my consoles. I'm mostly stuck infront of my computer listening to music and browsing random webpages n working.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mostly play my Xbox 360, but when I don't feel like going down to the basement, I'll boot up some games on my PC like Manhunt or SimCopter.

I don't play my DS Phat that much, maybe a little Mario Kart or NSMB once in a while.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS is definitely much more convenient for me as well. Especially since most people I know have a DS and we always do download play battles. Playing on PS2 or Wii is almost as accessible though. It takes a little longer to set everything up, but its much more enjoyable playing multiplayer console games than playing multiplayer DS games.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I mostly use the DS. And I really can't explain it. If I use the PS2 it's always on a Sunday afternoon, or if I'm the only person in the house and I've got the space to set it up in the living room. I even sit in the same place while playing, it'd take just as long to plug the PS2 in as finding the DS does. Really weird.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own many consoles and portables but the DS gets most of my attention. I even bought one for my Gal. She loves the damn thing. Which is funny because she refuses to touch any other game system.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same sort of thing as Vampire Hunter D, sometimes forced (i.e. I am out of the country or just somewhere else in it) and sometimes through choice (same reasons a Vampire Hunter D really).

I tend to keep myself behind the times games wise for the most part (money reasons: year old games are still good or even better and do not cost much at all): I built myself a nice PC coming up on a year ago (funnily enough it still does the latest and greatest at decent settings) but as my DS handles DS, GBA, homebrew (I really like homebrew stuff) and emulation of most things to an acceptable level (I started out with emulators in a far worse state than they are today and most things are playable).

Anyhow my DS is normally with me (I stick it in my bag and have a couple of spare batteries and a USB charger in there) and courtesy of the flashcards I have it gets a good bit of use as I can always find something to play (even if it is normally tetris).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu