Hacking Anyone here offer PS3 downgrades?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently fixing (attempting to fix) my PS3. Once (if) I get it fixed, I was hoping to install Rogero's or Rebug. I have no idea which, though, because I have yet to start researching the two. Anyway, I have a CECH-G01, Nov. 2007 model, with a current firmware of 4.25. From what I've read, in order to install any kind of CFW from firmwares over 3.55, I'd need to use a downgrade flasher, solder, and a whole bunch of technical stuff I'm not comfortable with.

TL;DR I'm looking for a trustworthy member (or a trustworthy member with a trustworthy friend) who downgrades for people. They'll need a Progskeet or E3 Flasher w/ a E3 Linker. (thanks, Devin)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do PS3 downgrades, but in exchange for monies instead.

The PS3 you have is the last Phat NAND PS3, which I'm unable to downgrade due to having to solder wires. Sorry about that.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The PS3 you have is the last Phat NAND PS3, which I'm unable to downgrade due to having to solder wires. Sorry about that.
WELL SCREW YOU THEN.

Just kidding. Oh well, I'll hope someone else here does them. I'm not a big fan of going to random sites and hoping I don't get screwed over.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have slim that I'm hoping to downgrade... but I'm thinking I'm in the same boat as well, with all the soldering and stuff. :(

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TyBlood13

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my site I use for peeps who are willing to pay that much. I typically charge $70 which includes downgrading, thermal paste replacement, dusting, CFW install, homebrew package install, and return shipping. (This discount is only for Tempers BTW.)
Hmm... I guess that's not so bad, considering the price and what it comes with. I guess I just worry about how long such an old system would last. $70 would be a no brainer if I knew it'd last for years, but for all I know, it could break down fairly quickly. Damn my lack of monies.

Damnit. Why did I get excited; you already told me you can't do it. Video games are ruining my memory...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I need a new soldering iron tbh.
And live in the USA it seems xd

Best thing you can do Ped is to exchange your PS3 for a newer one (if yours is hardware BC, just dust it out, change thermal paste and sell it)
Downgrading NOR consoles isn't that hard.
I'd downgrade NAND ones but I need a better... well a new soldering iron first xd
And yeh, sending it overseas.... better don't.

Also, You only out for games?
If so then the 3Key is an better solution.
It features an auto key extraction in a future update.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, You only out for games?
If so then the 3Key is an better solution.
It features an auto key extraction in a future update.
In English please, Femboy? And all of the other fancy stuff like emulators, media players, and the like would be nice, my interest in a PS3 is solely for PS3 games, so yep.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3k3y is a device that allows you once installed in your PS3 to boot up PS3 games off a USB HDD. Originally you needed to get the PS3's blu ray drive keys which you could only get by being on CFW. But the 3k3y team has found out how to dump the keys on OFW. In addition to that they say that homebrew runs on OFW with the 3k3y. Which is neat since the 3k3y works on all PS3s, including the new "Super" Slim.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3k3y is a device that allows you once installed in your PS3 to boot up PS3 games off a USB HDD. Originally you needed to get the PS3's blu ray drive keys which you could only get by being on CFW. But the 3k3y team has found out how to dump the keys on OFW. In addition to that they say that homebrew runs on OFW with the 3k3y. Which is neat since the 3k3y works on all PS3s, including the new "Super" Slim.
So what you're saying is that I don't have to scour stores to find an unused fat PS3 with a firmware below 3.55? I can do all the things I would've done with CFW, on current OFW? If that's the case then... /hot damn. Time to keep my eyes on the front page for this 3k3y update.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you're saying is that I don't have to scour stores to find an unused fat PS3 with a firmware below 3.55? I can do all the things I would've done with CFW, on current OFW? If that's the case then... /hot damn. Time to keep my eyes on the front page for this 3k3y update.

If what the 3k3y team's saying is true, and they deliver. Yes.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3k3y has already been released, we're just waiting on an update that allows us to dump the PS3's drive keys without being on CFW.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3k3y has already been released, we're just waiting on an update that allows us to dump the PS3's drive keys without being on CFW.
So the $99 model on Modchips Direct and Central is the one? On one of the sites they said they were going to release a "slim" model, although they might have meant a model for slim PS3s, which would be redundant if their update works.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you will need an extra pcb for slim models, it ist in production now and will be shipping in 2weeks ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s