Anyone here have a Microsoft Technet Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Phillyman, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Phillyman
    OP

Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2005
    United States
    When I worked at Bestbuy, I was told by one of the more knowledgeable people in my department about the Microsoft Technet Subscription. Supposedly you pay $350 for a 1 year subscription, once paid you get a number of valid keys for Microsoft Products, I believe the guy told me that you get like 10 Vista Ultimate keys, and 10 Windows XP Pro keys, and that even after the 1 year subscription is up , that the keys are not deactivated. The only reason to keep paying the $350 per year is if a new product comes out that you want to try

Now the other thing is that these products dont come with any support, But I could really care less, If I am getting enough keys to put valid OS's on all my machines, plus I get stuff like Office and Money, then why would I care.

Anyways does anyone know how true this all is? I just would rather put $350 towards this subscription then towards 1 OS on Newegg.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscri...s/bb404693.aspx

Sounds too good to be true [​IMG]

2. decept

decept GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    I have a subscription to Technet. I have 500 Vista activations with it, not sure how much it costs as I got it through work.

But yeah, it works like it says. You can download ISO's of any OS/Office and even Server applications as much as you want and you have license keys for all of it available to you.

You won't be getting a true license however, as its meant for testing and evaluation purposes only.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice