Hacking Anyone here able to play online with a rom that's different from their console's region?

DevilHands

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a JPN N3DS and I've been trying to make my USA SuperSmash rom (injected with a prv header from Rayman) work but whenever I try to go online it says in Japanese words I have to agree a User Agreement and whenever I agree it puts me back out of the SuperSmash menu.

Does this mean I need to use a JPN SuperSmash rom to play online?

Is this so for all games??

jsgogeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue and was recommended to use a .cia app that bypasses the agreement. Is called config.cia install it with a cia manager (Devmenu) then open Config, go to Eula Agreement then change it to ff.ff and this should fix the issue (Fix suggested by DevilHands). I have not try this yet because I am not at my place but this will most likely fix the issue.

Lol just realize that this is DevilHands...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have the same issue and was recommended to use a .cia app that bypasses the agreement. Is called config.cia install it with a cia manager (Devmenu) then open Config, go to Eula Agreement then change it to ff.ff and this should fix the issue (Fix suggested by DevilHands). I have not try this yet because I am not at my place but this will most likely fix the issue.

It will fix it. I used it earlier today to enable my US MH4U cart to go online on my JPN N3DS LL. The only thing it won't help with is the DLC section; you'd need access to the eShop of whatever region your game is, and we can't switch regions on the New 3DS (yet).

DevilHands

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol just realize that this is DevilHands...

Lol, yea... no one was answering therefore I had to search a bit harder on google and it was not that easy :wacko: but I appreciate that you're sharing the information. More people needs to know this since I believe a lot of em imported a JPN N3DS but are playing english roms.

It will fix it. I used it earlier today to enable my US MH4U cart to go online on my JPN N3DS LL. The only thing it won't help with is the DLC section; you'd need access to the eShop of whatever region your game is, and we can't switch regions on the New 3DS (yet).

Just look for DLC in cia format thats appropriate for the roms of the game's region (not the console)
I have to update my Smash Brother in order to play online but Eshop wont let me since the rom is USA and eshop is in JPN. I was able to fix this by looking for the latest update online in .cia format that's also USA. Then install it via cia manager. :)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a config.cia that works on a 4.1.0 CFW 3DS?
The ones I found either wouldn't install or would crash and report an SD card error whenever I tried launching it.
Any kind of pointer would be useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.