Anyone hear news about the 2015 Pokemon games?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Guinea, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Guinea
    OP

Guinea .

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    ----
    I heard they might be remakes of pearl and diamond :D

2. Timeboy

Timeboy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    Why would they? They remade Ruby and Sapphire less than a year ago. As each generation goes on, the case for remakes decreases. You can play Diamond and Pearl on your 3DS.

I think the original purpose of remakes - to allow people to get every Pokémon since the Gen 3 non-transferrable sag - has changed. It's now about nostalgia, and breathing new life into old games. And, of course, money. I have no doubt Diamond and Pearl will receive remakes, but not for a long time yet.

When the successor to the 3DS comes out, it probably won't be able to play DS games. That's when I think we'll see it. It won't be Gen 7 (I think that will still be on the 3DS), most probably Gen 8, around 2020 I'd say.

The next game(s) will be the Zygarde-focussed XY sequel in 2016.

3. Roxie Mika

Roxie Mika YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIN'

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Bronx, NY
    For a while I honestly thought Game Freak might go all-in on the nostalgia train and release remakes of FR/LG in 2016 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of Pokemon Red/Green, but it seems rather late in the year to announce something like that now, and with the new Zygarde formes having just been announced, it seems like next year will belong to Pokemon Z instead. I imagine we'll hear more at TGS in October. (But I wouldn't go expecting remakes of games that are still playable on 3DS, haha.)