Anyone have problems copying saves with 4.2U fw

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ciris, Jan 18, 2010.

Jan 18, 2010
  1. ciris
    OP

Member ciris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anyone have problems copying saves onto system menu 4.2U firmware? Currently I'm on sys menu with 4.2U, with bootmii as boot2, preloader .30 with the big hacks.ini file and have remove copy save protection enabled. When I was on another wii (a more recent wii) with 4.1U firmware, I was able to copy all my saves without issue. I found that my sister-in-law wii had the boot2 vulnerablity while I was hacking it and ask if we could trade. I copied all my saves from my already setup 4.1U wii and when trying to copy to the 4.2U some saves I was able to copy before, I simply cant copy anymore. I tried with wannins save manager and still have issues. Is there something with the 4.2 firmware that causes this? I feel the only fix would be to downgrade to 4.1 and test. Any help or info you guys can provide is much appreciated.

An example of a save that can't be copied to 4.2 for whatever reason can be found here at wii save. (its a Guitar Hero 3 Save)
    http://wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=1788

2. ciris
    OP

United States
    I made sure to cover the basics in that but its not working. Im getting the message that this save cannot be copied to this wii, some save data could not be copied, etc. I'm trying to google this as we speak but if anyone finds or knows anything else please do post. I have to say that some of the saves Im trying to copy were powersaves that I converted using the "special" tool. These were the same saves that I was able to sucessfully copy to the other 4.1 wii, but am unable to copy on my current 4.2 wii.

3. ciris
    OP

United States
    Used the latest save manager and got it to work on some of my saves. I forgot that when using save manager you have to have a current game save on the system. Just need to figure out how to convert the data.bin files I have to save manager format.

Thanks for your help!