Anyone have experience w/ opening consoles with broken cases?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by FireEmblemGuy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I bought a cheap Xbox on eBay in December knowing it was likely to RROD pretty quick, and sure enough it did. I decided to make fixing it my spring break project, since I'm stuck on campus. Unfortunately, I've run into quite the snag: I'd noticed that the back slots where the case clipped together were kinda torn up, like the original owner was having trouble unlatching it. I couldn't get more than two of the clips to unlatch, either with a small screwdriver or a tool designed for the purpose. The latches seem to be broken, but it's still tightly held together. Does anyone know what I can do to open the thing, short of unlatching the front side and pretty much tearing off the top half of the case?

2. mocalacace

mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    I'd unclip the front and just rip it open if the clips on the back are that fucked up

3. Dreamboy21

Dreamboy21 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Somewhere on earth
  4. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States

This and sometimes unclipping the front will put the back clips in a position to be better pushed in for unclipping when the are really fucked up.