Gaming Anyone have any experience with this specific Pandora Battery?

carterman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my old Phat battery can't hold any more juice (although it still technically works, I just have to use the charger with the system when booting), so I'm in the market for a new Pandora - this switchable Normal/Pandora battery seems cool, anyone have any experience with it?

Also, anyone want my old drained Pandora battery for only shipping?
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'd say go for it. It has good reviews, it's very cheap (cheaper than what a Pandora would cost you, and cheaper than what a battery would cost you) and it looks like it has some good reviews.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't buy this battery for daily use...it should be ok pandora, but for a daily use I would recommend you a retail battery

carterman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raki said:
I wouldn't buy this battery for daily use...it should be ok pandora, but for a daily use I would recommend you a retail battery

Yeah, this would really just be for Pandora/Time Machine and as a backup battery, not as my #1 battery.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought that exact battery off DX and it just came in the mail today. I haven't used it yet, but if it works, it will serve as my back up battery after I install the CFW. It's only like 2 dollars more than the regular Pandora battery, so might as well get that one if you order off DX since it can be used as a regular battery.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So can a Pandora battery and if the charge on the dual function is as poor as everyone says you're kicking yourself in the head by buying a shoddy battery just because it has a switch on it. In these days of Multi/TM IPL's there's no need for this modification.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
A Pandora battery is going to cost him more or less the same amount of money. Why buy just a Pandora when you can buy a Pandora/regular battery? Even if it last 1 minute, it's better than having just a Pandora.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
carterman said:
Well, my old Phat battery can't hold any more juice (although it still technically works, I just have to use the charger with the system when booting), so I'm in the market for a new Pandora - this switchable Normal/Pandora battery seems cool, anyone have any experience with it?

Also, anyone want my old drained Pandora battery for only shipping?
biggrin.gif
I have been using this as a spare gaming battery for months now and never activated the Pandora mode until yesterday, when I bricked my psp when I was trying to patch fatmsmod on 5.0, and it has successfully resurrected it. That say, it is totally worth the money, albeit, the capacity is noticeably lower when compared to the retail battery, but it is not bad for a spare one.

BTW, the battery you linked to is for PSP2000 and may not/hardly fit a phat PSP, you can find the same battery with PSP1000 form factor here, but I have no experience with that one.

carterman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mostly just interested in this versus a Pandora-only battery because the switch seems cool, honestly, not because of any other specific reason
tongue.gif

And I have a Slim, my Pandora battery is just from the old Phat that I used to have that I replaced with the Stamina 2200 mah battery
tongue.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the delayed reply War....i agree with you in principal but in past experience these sorts of mods never seem to work out as well as they should. If the standard Pandora had even half an hour's more playtime i'd go with that and the Multi-IPL over a switchable solution. Over the batteries lifespan that would probably be around a 250 hour difference!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: