Hacking Anyone have any experience with Dealextreme RMAs?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this isn't completely on-topic, but I ordered an Acekard 2.1 through Dealextreme. I finally received it today, only to find it's a fake-or-otherwise-non-functioning cart (HW:80 in AKAIO, doesn't load anything, from what I've read that's probably a fake). I want to send it back for a replacement, and I filled out the RMA form, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. I don't want to spend a month sending it back and waiting for a replacement just for it to end up being another fake because they got a whole batch of them.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i used dx 3 years ago too for some repair ds items that arrived broken, you can email them, they will say will reship another to you, for 2 order i got this DOA problem, once i got the replacement another time i didn't received it. due to low value i prefered to don't waste more time and don't buy from them again. just contact they rma support, and hope they send the replacement.
most time they send with air mail without tracking code so they don't know neither if shipped out replace or not.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:
Sorry if this isn't completely on-topic, but I ordered an Acekard 2.1 through Dealextreme. I finally received it today, only to find it's a fake-or-otherwise-non-functioning cart (HW:80 in AKAIO, doesn't load anything, from what I've read that's probably a fake). I want to send it back for a replacement, and I filled out the RMA form, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. I don't want to spend a month sending it back and waiting for a replacement just for it to end up being another fake because they got a whole batch of them.

I have some experience with them. So far their a pretty good, online store. The only cons they have are slow shipping if you don't pay $20, for EMS shipping, and their customer service is horrible. Other then those their a good, cheap store. I've bought a couple Acekard 2i's from them before, and they weren't fake. The other thing is they stopped selling flashcards, so good luck getting a replacement.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, that's my problem, I noticed they don't have them anymore, so I'm hoping they'll give me a refund. But I can't see anything on their site about refunds.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG they are HORRIBLE for rmas I i have products that to this day have not been fixed i dropped a rma form in and waited 20 days for a response and only got it as i put in a dispute on paypal and then they hadme ship back the defective item and i did so and provided them the tracking and over 3 months now and they Still have not replaced or refunded it to me Nor will they answer me on the rma. so i just took it as a loss and am no longer dealing with them

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I submitted it and they said "Since it looks like a real card, it must be. Try asking on the forums for assistance with your obvious software problem."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse