Gaming Anyone have a 'Update to IX1.51 For Dummies"?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I have 2 options, either to pay 50 bucks for getting updated (NOOOO) or do it myself.
However, didn't open myself anything except my PC, and I dunno how to do it and either how not to make mistakes. (I'll do it with someone too, not alone)
I'm not sure what drive I have, BenQ or Lite-On, I heard Lite-On is much harder to flash, but got no choice, tons of games are now IX1.51 and soon enough it'll be only 1.51.
So, any link for dummies guide?
Thanks in advance.
wink.gif

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
to find out if you got a lite on drive open the faceplate cover and on the drive cover where it says Xbox360 there will be a hole shine a lite in the hole and look to see what color the wires are. if its yellow u got a Lite-On if its a BenQ the wires will be white.

Try this guide. on 360Mods you could also use the guide from JungleFlasher located Here

meh use the pics here to see tell what drive you got it its hard to explain

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever your decision is, pay or do it yourself, you may want to hold on for a few more days.
Word has been out that IX1.6 will be out this week.

And really, if you've open your PC before and messed around with it, you probably have all the skills you need to do the mod yourself.
Go and get a kit, which could be had for under $50 (if you have a lite-on, less if BenQ), and if you ever need to upgrade in the future, you'll have the tools

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
yeah, I'll sure wait for 1.6, if it releases these days.
Well, im a bit afraid to find out I got a LiteOn, it seems really hard to flash it.
happy.gif

how exactly the flashing of LiteOn works? u plug it to the PC with SATA and just flash it with a certain program? Or in LiteOn, theres needing in soldering?
A simple explenation would be great, thanks in advance.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a bit more difficult to flash a Lite-on, but don't get discouraged. It's really pretty simple.

The main difference withe the Lite-on and other drives, is that you need to take an extra step to obtain the drive keys. You will need to purchase a "spear or probe", that will hook up to your PC by serial (preferred if your PC has one) or a USB connection. No soldering needed.
At time when you read the keys from the drive, you will stick the spear into a tiny hole on the drive MB, and hit the extract button on your PC. Once you get the keys from the drive, you're home free. IT's a snap from there. REMEMBER to get the keys BEFORE your erase and flash your drive. If you lose those keys, the Xbox is history.
I use JungleFlash. I've also used programs through DOS, but jungleflash is much easier. JF also lets you know if your key extraction is complete, which will let you rest easier.
I got this kit because I have a serial port on my PC, if you don't you need to get the one with the USB spear.
http://www.diygadget.com/store/game-consol...b9/prod_42.html

There are other products which other members on teh board may suggest also. This was the most cost effective, so I went with this one.

Hope that helps.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
Whatever your decision is, pay or do it yourself, you may want to hold on for a few more days.
Word has been out that IX1.6 will be out this week.

And really, if you've open your PC before and messed around with it, you probably have all the skills you need to do the mod yourself.
Go and get a kit, which could be had for under $50 (if you have a lite-on, less if BenQ), and if you ever need to upgrade in the future, you'll have the tools
Word? It has already been confirmed by c4eva himself.

..and yeah, I would go with the jungleflasher suggestion. It's noob-proof. It's step by step.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If i have an xbox 360 with ixtreme 1.5 and do not have the key can i upgrade to 1.6?
I heard you can as jungle flasher grabs the key automatically is this true?
I had someone else do it for me and they never gave me the key.

Cheers

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JF will grab your old key if you drive is already flashed.
I did have a problem with incomplete key information once. One of the drives I did for a friend was was missing the serial information from the 1st extraction (not done by me). I was able to read the required information from stickers on the drive itself. If you run into this problem, just do a search and you will find the info. It just takes a few extra minutes if you need to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1