Gaming Anyone had luck playing Uncharted on Rebug 4.8?

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: I meant Rebug 4.82

Spent all day trying to figure this out, im out of ideas :( I own the original BD disc, the game was playing fine until Chapter 18, then things started going to shit...I noticed sound was not loading (watched a Youtube video to confirm), then Drake fell and screen turned white like he had died. After checkpoint reloaded I tried this part again but it wouldn't load the next scene. Also, it would keep saying "Autosaving" but didnt stop doing so. I took out the disc, cleaned it, delete game data and restarted chapter with new save, this actually helped me progress further in the chapter, up until the scene when *someone* picks you up, but again the sound did not load for that scene and the next scene would not load. I tried replaying the chapter several times to same results. Bear in mind every time it would fail to load the next scene, I was unable to just quit the game or shutting off the console, trying to do so would force the console to reset.

I tried installing the latest patch, but this just made things worse, not only would scenes not load, but the backdrop itself wouldnt either.

Then I decided to go the multiman route, I downloaded the huge almost 50GB file, copied it over to internal hd using multiman then mounted it and.... it would just take me back to the XMB even tho multiman recognized the game. Is there any settings I can change to make it work?

I been reading several posts online but they all involve some crazy fixes that dont make any sense to me, and they are all for older versions of CFW.

Please if anyone can help out that would be great ;_;

Last edited by GM Otomon,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about Uncharted, but I get errors while trying to install the Atelier games using Rebug. They always fail to install. Rebug is good, but not perfect.

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure about Uncharted, but I get errors while trying to install the Atelier games using Rebug. They always fail to install. Rebug is good, but not perfect.

The problem is that it wont load my original games like this one ;_; I have a big game collection (I own all the Atelier games for example) so I may have done more harm than good by installing it if my own games wont work anymore.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it wont load my original games like this one ;_; I have a big game collection (I own all the Atelier games for example) so I may have done more harm than good by installing it if my own games wont work anymore.

I have two PS3 so I never tried loading an original disc on my CFW machine. I however have made backups of the games I own and they work fine; except the Atelier games. I use the normal PS3 for those, but I hope compatibility problems are worked on. It seems they are low priority for the CFW devs.

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two PS3 so I never tried loading an original disc on my CFW machine. I however have made backups of the games I own and they work fine; except the Atelier games. I use the normal PS3 for those, but I hope compatibility problems are worked on. It seems they are low priority for the CFW devs.

What are CFW devs more focused on then? And that sucks that I will have to buy a whole new ps3 just to play atelier x _ x

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: I just noticed that a ps2 classic I had installed is gone from the list after another reboot, its nowhere to be found in game data either...
Maybe this whole problem stems from HD problems and all of this constant resetting is affecting it, but idk since it came straight from my ps4/other games (seem) to be working fine.....

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thougtht PSN versions where just straigth up digital copies of the physical ones.......

There are a few variations, but I doubt purchasing a digital version will fix the problem as it's not that uncommon to find games that don't behave well with CFW. I suggest posting on psx-place.com as the Rebug developers frequent that site. Maybe they will take time to look into compatibility issues or have suggestions. It's also highly doubtful that your disc and the release you found are not good as my Alteir discs are fine, work fine in the normal PS3, but shit out in the CFW one.

Last edited by cots,

GM Otomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are a few variations, but I doubt purchasing a digital version will fix the problem as it's not that uncommon to find games that don't behave well with CFW. I suggest posting on psx-place.com as the Rebug developers frequent that site. Maybe they will take time to look into compatibility issues or have suggestions. It's also highly doubtful that your disc and the release you found are not good as my Alteir discs are fine, work fine in the normal PS3, but shit out in the CFW one.

Thanks, I will try making a post over there ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse