Hacking Anyone had any issues with different makes of micro SD cards?

gaiseric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 8gb PNY microSD running AKAIO 1.7.1 and everything works as expected. I've tested FF: The 4 heroes of Light and everything is great. I got a new Acekard 2i for a family member and it came with a Kingston 2gb microSD. I put AKAIO 1.7.1 and did the 1.4 update so that it will work a DSi. That all went fine but now nothing will load, I get the loading screen and then both screens go white and stay that way. If a game does load I'm getting screens saying that "saved data can not be removed" or variants of that. To isolate the porbblem I put my 8gb microSD card into the new AK 2i, and everything works the same as it does in my AK 2i. This leads me to believe it has something with this 2gb card, so I tried a 16gb Sandisk card and it's having the same problems as the 2gb.

Has anyone else had issues like this? I've followed all of the steps verbatim on the wikis and various guides available here. I've formatted the cards with the panasonic formatter and windows, not getting any different results.

gaiseric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK disregard, I just tried again by formatting with FAT32 instead of FAT and everything seems to be working just fine. I was told that SDHC is what needed FAT32 and regular SD it was best to use FAT. So some games are working now, but I just tried to add more and now the recently added ones aren't working.

gaiseric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that after a format the first 3 things added, whether they be ROMS, or HB, work, everything after that shows up but white screens.

gaiseric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason I'm leaning in that direction though is the fact that when I use my PNY 8gb in either of the AK's I have no problems.

gaiseric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried that and now none of the roms or HB I throw onto the card are showing up in the AKAIO menu. I'm gonna make a run to fry's or best buy and pick up a couple other micro sd's and see if this is just a sc card with some bad sectors. thanks for the advice so far though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."