Anyone from the UK who wants an N64! Look Here!

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by radders248, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radders248
    OP

Newcomer radders248 Member

United Kingdom
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...#ht_1707wt_1139

Trying to raise some more funds as im leaving for uni in September! Selling my collection of 34 Great n64 games and my console, this is a must for any fans and everything is in perfect working order.

I've loved this console for years and i think everyone deserves a chance to experience the greatest console ever

Any comments, offers or price suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    First of all, you are not allowed to post it anywhere other than your signature and the trading forum.

Secondly, Hilariously overpriced!!!! RGB modded with other stuff is being sold for much cheaper!

3. yusuo

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I'd be very surprised if you sell this, £250 wtf, you can get a console from £10-£20 and most games for under a fiver, thats what about £80 less then what your asking

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I really hope that you didn't pay to list at that starting price. Else, it's already costing you money!

5. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Was gonna be interested but I'd need to sell my husky and my firstborn child to pay those sort of prices. So...no, begone. And also, does it have the RAM expansion pak, as if not (it was never mentioned) then some of those games are worthless.

Come back when you're in a more stable frame of mind about pricing and maybe we'll talk.

6. radders248
    OP

United Kingdom
    Apologies i didnt know about the trading forum or any such rules, and i know its overpriced but i was just as a starter to see if it got any interest, and ive got a lot of watchers already so you never know! If anyone is actually interested though I', willing to be very flexible on the price, just contact me through ebay and i'll get back to you.

7. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    £250?
    I'd rather use that money for the PSV thanks!
    And good luck with this...
    heck you're gonna need it at that price. [​IMG]

8. radders248
    OP

United Kingdom
    And yes it does come with the expansion pack too, apologies for not mentioning that!

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Blaze just softmod an Xbox and use the N64 emulator on that.

10. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    Let me put it this way. I paid £10 for my system. That's about right for a console that old, to be honest. Additional cables mean jack shit in terms of value. The games are presumably unboxed as no boxes were mentioned if memory serves. Therefore they're worth about a pound each for the lesser titles, maybe a fiver a throw for the good stuff, rare gems like Conker and Pokemon Stadium 2 maybe a touch more. But the prices on eBay are a rip off. No self respecting gamer will pay them. Especially for unboxed games 'cause they're not even worth it as collector's items. I'd value the entire collection, system and all, at around £100. Maybe £150 to the right buyer. Asking £250 as a STARTING price is insane.

11. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    You people are missing the point.
    It's a means of raising funds for school.
    He's asking for a small donation in exchange for a really good bundle of games plus a console and extras.

@xist
    You're terrible. You don't suggest emulation to someone while someone else is trying to sell a console.

12. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    £250? Fucking hell.

13. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    1) This is an auction, not a charity.

2) £250 is not a small donation under any circumstances save suddenly mutating into Bill Gates.

3) The price tag is exactly the point, nobody has missed it.

14. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Nope, he's selling an item. Sure its a means of raising funds but he's not asking for donations. A quarter of a grand is NOT a small donation anyway. Plus the school system in UK works differently. When he goes to Uni his tuition is paid by the Government and he pays it back when he is earning enough so money while still being an issue (must avoid debt) its not as huge a worry. (I don't know much about the US system btu I think you guys pay your fees yearly yourselves)

As for your other point Blaze made it clear he was never going to buy the console. Emulation is a valid option to anybody. Nobody is going to buy a console through ignorance of emulation, they buy it for the original hardware.

On Topic: £250 starting price? Buddy you're doing it ALLLLLL wrong. You start it low to attract in a bidding war.

15. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Closed. No advertising

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.