Anyone found a way to play MARIO RPG on a N3DS without issues?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by sirgilmour, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I bought this console yesterday.
    I tried the snes emulator for my dstwo, both did not work well.
    Have not tried the retroarch ones yet.

Anyone knows a good email to nintendo's suggestion box? Lets all write them a message for this game. If its absolutely impossible in anyway lets ask for a remastered version with additional content!!!

2. kn1v3s

kn1v3s Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    middlesex nj
    Pocket snes via retroactive plays it nearly flawlessy, some sound issues after closing/reopening the lid. Slightest slowdown with graphic intensive abilities. :) enjoy

Seriel likes this.
  3. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    all right, i love good news

4. kn1v3s

kn1v3s Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    middlesex nj
    update as i play through -- rose way has a bit of slowdown when hopping on moving platforms. also, i've had two completely random crashes of the app. i dunno what caused it or if it's related to playing the game on pocketsnes. anyway have fun!

5. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    By the way i just tried Mario RPG on pocketsnes from retroarch and aside for minor sound effects that are not quite like the originals and sometimes a little blue bar is seen at the right of the screen.... very minor differences, the speed is awesome, BUT, i would prefer playing with the joystick instead of the D-pad, i looked in the options, saw nothing about that. is it possible to enable it?

6. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    why not get the injected vc one in that iso site?

7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    because there isn't one Super Mario RPG uses a special chip which is not emulated by the VC emulator

kn1v3s likes this.
  8. kn1v3s

kn1v3s Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    middlesex nj
    I am currently away from my system so I can't say exactly where, but yes, you can enable the analog stick in retroarch settings.