Homebrew Emulator Anyone familiar with running MGS: Portable Ops in 60FPS via PPSSPP on Switch?

naut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have the game running on Switch with the 60FPS cheat, and pretty decently too so that's not really the issue. The question I have pertains to inconsistency with the visuals.

I'm largely unfamiliar with PPSSPP and how it handles visuals so I'm confused about something. When I have "Buffered Rendering" on, the game runs normally and well...It looks like PSP game, grainy as ever. SOMETIMES, when I turn on "Skip Buffered Rendering" it completely breaks the visuals and camera entirely. But for whatever reason, sometimes when I turn it on it makes the visuals look incredible. Like very smooth and upscaled. I am not sure if I'm misunderstanding something or what. All I know is that when Skip Buffered Rendering breaks the game, it's a disaster, but when it decides to work, it looks like a whole different game. Would anyone know what I'm maybe experiencing?

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need buffered rendering on as far as I know, otherwise lots of game graphics has issues.

As for increase in res, you need to restart ppsspp in order for the changes to be properly implemented and saved.

naut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need buffered rendering on as far as I know, otherwise lots of game graphics has issues.

As for increase in res, you need to restart ppsspp in order for the changes to be properly implemented and saved.
I noticed this solved a lot of my problems. I just assumed I could screw around with any old setting and then simply resume to see the effects. Some settings work that way, but others don't, such as resolution. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.