Anyone ever used one of these silicone cases?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lilpotpie, May 2, 2007.

May 2, 2007
  1. lilpotpie
    OP

Newcomer lilpotpie Member

United States
  2. imLOST

Newcomer imLOST Member

Ireland
    Ive just ordered one off dealextreme.com for like 1 dollar (American).

I don't know what they are like but you can't go wrong at that price!

3. Calogero91

Member Calogero91 Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.

Canada
    I have one, they don't scratch at all. They're pretty good except that the DS wont close all the way when its on.

4. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I feel like I have found my long lost brother!!, only to find that he posts a lot more than I do!

5. six-five-two

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have one and it sucks. It was cheap except when I tried to put it on:
    -Covered the buttons, making it hard to play
    -Looks more ugly
    -Smelled terrible
    -Didn't close all the way

I forked out $10 at Circuit City for a clear hard case and that was well worth it. Except I can't seem to take it off now :S

6. yus786

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    lol i got a hard case and its hard to take off, but all you gotta do is make sure the case doesnt get caught on the power and volume button that stick out, so you gotta bend it abit near the power n volume button to get it out

its hard but if u work at it it shud be ayt

yus786

7. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I was thinking about getting a hard/silicon case, however it leaves the shoulder buttons exposed, and I can't afford any harm to my DS [​IMG]

8. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    my friend got a silicon/hard case for $15 aus at EB and it seems to work perfectly! the silicon is on the inside and the hardcase is on top of that.

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yep same as the one I was planning to get. I was also worried it would become very chunky as it is multi-layered.

10. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    I spent awhile looking for a good DS lite case as well. I went for something that would be thin, wouldn't add much to the size of the ds (something like a skin...) but with more protection. I saw some cases that were more like skins and some cases which were cheap little rubber covers....

I went with the DS Lite CapDase Silicon Skin/Case Hybrid. Its a silicon case with a ridgid plastic shell that helps it snap right around the ds lite. I love the case personally. It feels tough enough to protect while not adding alot of thickness. Its smooth and it looks awesome on the black DS lite. now people think i have a drug scale/wack PDA. =P

Here is a short review offered by DCEMU. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55809

The only things against this choice would be...its probably shipping from china...I haven't found it locally.
    It includes little stoppers for the headphone and power ports...they get lost...
    and one more important thing i had to do.....I had to file down the hole which the powercord plugs through to help it fit the cord easier. I found that without this extra room the plug wouldn't stick securely in and would pop out if I openned the Ds to its upright position.

Well hope this helps.