Anyone ever use one of these?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by Cjmcgiv, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Cjmcgiv
    OP

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    I was wondering if anyone had ever used one of these amiibo reader/writers? from what I understand it's like a flashcart for amiibos that has a ton of the .bin files on them and then you pick the amiibo you want and use it like the regular amiibo reader. If so, could someone point me to a good seller for something like this.

Edit: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Nintendo...774578?hash=item33d2f79b32:g:~2gAAOSwRMtZak8q

Last edited by Cjmcgiv, Jul 25, 2017 - Reason: forgot link
  2. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    It looks like Amiiqo would be a good option for you. The prices of them vary a bit but there are several for sale on ebay.

3. Cjmcgiv
    OP

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    I've seen those but they are about twice the price of the item I found. I might go with one of those as a backup but I was wondering if what I found was a cheaper alternative.

4. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    what's the one you mentioned called?

5. Cjmcgiv
    OP

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    Shit forgot the link... I feel so dumb now.

6. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    I use a Powersaves for Amiibo. It was cheaper than the Amiiqo and it works fine.
    People have said their rewritable power tag has broken but mine survived rewriting all the times it took to get the entire Amiibo collection in Hey! Pikmin so build quality may vary or something.

7. Cjmcgiv
    OP

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    Sounds awesome! Just what I want, cheap and effective! To find one do I just search up "Powersaves"? Also will this work with the o3ds?

8. CeeDee

CeeDee Heya!

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    If you have the amiibo adapter for that, it should

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It will work but you'll still need an external Amiibo reader for o3DS. Search for PowerSaves for Amiibo. That will show the one you want. The included PowerTag won't last very long (it has a limited number of writes), but you can get a pack with many of them for pretty cheap (I think there was a 10-pack)
    I've heard people mention the one you mentioned in the OP before, and it seemed the general consensus was that they weren't very good but they will at least work. No guarantees on how long it will last and I think there was a max amount of Amiibos you could write to it, not sure.
    The best option is either a N2 Elite or a 100-pack of NTAG215 tags. The latter option requires either a PC-side reader/writer that you can put together with some cheap parts (no soldering required) or an Android smartphone. But a 100-pack of NTAG215s is only about $34 from AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NTA...able-NFC-Adhesive-Labels-Dia/32315909847.html