Anyone ever tried WiiSX or CubeSX with Dolphin Emulator

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Dan_Tsukasa, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Dan_Tsukasa
    OP

Dan_Tsukasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Tokyo Japan
    Hey Guys.

Before I start, yes, I'm well aware that if I wanted to emulate PS1 games on PC then it'd be easier to use an actual emulator for that exact purpose, but can we' for the moment ignore that, this is more to do with some homebrews searching for directories that wouldn't exist on a PC, and I'm sure thats not specific to only this homebrew.

So I wondered if anyone else has tried it, it boots up fine, but of course it can't find directories like SD:WiiISO etc. Wondering if theres a way around that.

So briefly I'll attempt to explain why I attempted this. Theres a PS1 game (well a few tbh) I was curious to grab some textures from, often I'd do this using a DX ripper of some kind. Which works fine, except all PSX emulators are using DX7 or OGL, or software emulation, none of which are supported by DXRipper (yes theres OGL RIppers, but honestly those are all an absolute mess). So I thought I'd give it a quick test with WiiSX, since Dolphin runs DX9 and 11 and see if it'd work.