Hacking Anyone ever buy from AliExpress?

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy the Sky3DS for my 9.4 3DS XL. Being I'm a 14 year old with virtually no money I want to get the flashcart as cheap as possible. I've bought stuff from Ali before but never flashcarts.
If you've bought other stuff from them before, then why are you worried it will be any different if you buy a Sky3DS from them?

Reactions: Margen67

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my gateway when it first came out, so back then there wouldnt' have been the possibility of fakes.

now, that might be an issue you should be concerned about. if its only 5-10$ difference you may as well chalk up the idfference to ensure u dont get boned

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it works, why would you be too concerned if it's a fake? I understand the worry with a Gateway, as a clone might not work with the newer updates (plus there was that whole bricking fiasco) but I don't think Sky3DS gets updates.

Also, you probably know this, but make sure you get the newer one with the blue button. The old one has a 10 game limit, which isn't what you think. (10 games period, not just at a time.)

Andrew Jacobson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my gateway when it first came out, so back then there wouldnt' have been the possibility of fakes.

now, that might be an issue you should be concerned about. if its only 5-10$ difference you may as well chalk up the idfference to ensure u dont get boned

I've dealt with Ali before buying "Replica" sneakers so I know how to spot fakes and stuff. Ali has a great customer protection program so I think I might pull the trigger. Does this look good?

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have bought 4.5 3ds & an android phone from there. The experience was satisfying. As long as you know what seller is good everything should go ok.
I've dealt with Ali before buying "Replica" sneakers so I know how to spot fakes and stuff. Ali has a great customer protection program so I think I might pull the trigger. Does this look good?

This is ok

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have bought from them view times and so far I have no complaint other than incredibly loooooong shipping time. well that's what you get for free shipping I guess. if you're in no hurry, aliexpress is safe for you.

bountycky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back then I bought two gateway cards (one for me and an other for my cousin) but when I got them I found two boxes with one different color card in each. I quickly told the seller but he said I was lying so I filed a claim about him. After a few days i got a refund of one card.
Tbh, i wouldnt recommend ordering from there, its just not really secure. Yh, i got lucky and got my money back but still..
Btw, the card that I've received is still working, it wasnt fake.

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been thinking about ordering from there...
A co-worker has bought stuff from there and he has nothing bad to say about them, other than the shipping being very long.
They do ship most stuff from china though, and to cut down on prices it takes around 3 weeks.

My co-worker knew he was ordering replicas so it's his own fault his glasses broke after a few days xD

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you do have the risk of entering your card details, something I personally don't enjoy doing. I've actually ordered a couple of running armbands for my phone about a month ago (ironically enough I broke my leg a week later), and then a day later someone broke into my account trying to extract money. Luckily my bank was quick to deny it, so nothing was lost, but I did have to pick up the new card, which was pretty hard due to my situation.
Moral of the story: it could be I just had a virus on my computer (my little brother downloads loads of junk), or it could be someone tried to scam me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?