Anyone else worried about the new update with MP3?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shark1987, Aug 13, 2007.

1. shark1987
    OP

Member shark1987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was just thinking with that message about the new update that could brick your wii and it coming just before Metroid Prime 3's release date. Anyone else thinking that it'll come out first on the Metroid Disc?

And I realize that you could just use brick blocker but do you think that they could make it to where you couldn't play the game without updating?

That would indeed suck...

EDIT: Ok, so the title kinda sucks i guess it should be "Anyone else worried that the update will be for MP3" but i can't change it now.

2. koentje3

Member koentje3 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    no worries here [​IMG]

nintendo is kinda stupid that way.

Though it will have the update in it, probarbly wont brick anything.

3. thomaspajamas

Member thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I doubt Nintendo would ever intentionally brick your console, my impression of that warning is just that they got fed up with people complaining after they bricked their own consoles by updating with a different regions firmware.

Do you think they'll pull a microsoft, though, and wait for Brawl to come out then ban everyones console from WFC? I guess it wouldn't too bad considering how bad friendcodes/WFC is in the first place... but it would definitely still suck.

4. zosh

Newcomer zosh Advanced Member

Allow me to say that "MP3" is the worst possible abbreviation for a game title, at the very least when using it in a posting title in a general forum.

5. Calogero91

Member Calogero91 Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.

Canada
    Agreed, for anyone else confused METROID PRIME 3

6. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    yeah, shouldn't it be MP:C? which is by no means be confused with MCP from Tron [​IMG]

7. shark1987
    OP

Member shark1987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    haha, yea i guess you're right. i was thinking gaming but a music mp3 thread on this forum would also make sense. sorry for the confusion.

8. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    actually you are right.

Even if they ban you from WFC, it wont be a problem, since friendcodes suck and smash bros is a game which you just have to play with friends in your room ..

9. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    mario kart will have 12 people online play! getting banned from WFC is NOT alright, but if you're gonna go online with a game might as well buy the original

10. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    12 people online play? I dont even have 10 people in my contact book because i dont like typing of friends codes all day long.

i see it coming.. someone will ask for a 12 player match with people from a forum and they have to meet 1 hour before the game will start because they type the codes of every friend... [​IMG]

Playing against random enenmies like in strikers is possible, but i want to play with all my friends.. and this is where it gets sucky.

11. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    As ive said before the nintendo WFC sucks, Theres nothing in it that makes you actually feel like your playing a real person. Just feels like your playing the cpu.