Anyone else not running inot much issue with HG/SS?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by MgARBITER, Mar 15, 2010.

1. MgARBITER
    OP

Newcomer MgARBITER Advanced Member

United States
    I already have three gym badges and went to the next town and fought Morty...lost...damn Gengar. But, anyway, I dont freeze [​IMG] after three "events". Im just wondering if any other SC users are as lucky. Btw we get to rub it in other cards faces...cept acekart bc they are doing okay lol.

2. Cooltad

Newcomer Cooltad Member

United States
    What is your sd card, which OS are you using to launch? Which settings?

3. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    me neither, methinks the rest of the forum is having troubles unzipping the archive :S

4. Cooltad

Newcomer Cooltad Member

United States
    What is your OS on the card? What sd card do you have? What settings do you have?

5. DeviousTom

Member DeviousTom GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yep I'm doing fine with my Supercard, already got my 8th badge, and barely ever freeze, don't even find it annoying.

6. Cooltad

Newcomer Cooltad Member

United States
    Are you guys going to be helpful and post your info, or not?

7. MgARBITER
    OP

United States

Dude we just play the game on norm settings. Also i think its safe to assume we are all running clean roms. All i do is put it on and play...oh and i use the evo OS.

8. DeviousTom

Member DeviousTom GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Don't think it matters with the OS for me, I tried the DSTT OS, the old Supercard OS, and EOS, non of which have too many freezing problems. Also using a Kingston 4GB SD card, it was set from 3-8x speed and the speed never changed a thing. Pretty much normal settings

9. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Clean mode would be the only relevance, as I know it helped me play chrono trigger back when AP was not fixed. I don't know about the old OS but on EOS running HGSS in clean mode freezes with a white screen.

The only variable in this is the microSD used and its characteristics, such as filesystem format, speed etc. The HGSS freezes are caused by a memory check in a free area which all flashcarts have. The microSD being used is thus completly irrelevant to fixing the freezes.

10. MgARBITER
    OP

United States
    lol nice way of putting it. Its completely true though. Still, im not complaining about AP bc i got the game for free plus not much freezing mishaps.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    There's a SP2 update for the EOS, but it's not released to the public yet. It completely fixes HG and SS. No more freezing, even though it wasn't really a problem on the SuperCards [​IMG]

12. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Ya mean it would have been. A beta build was leaked on the boards today but it didn't fix it. Upon google translating their thread in the chinese forums I noticed that not only were they off track but they even had doubts piracy existed at all. I signed up myself and tried to explain it as understandably as possible. http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...mFyZSxIx3vW_d-g
    Read page one and marvel at how little they understand or care.

13. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Well, some tips:

1) Get the latest ndsinfo.dat in the Supercard Forums (Get it here: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-4619-1-1.html) (Also...I know that the ndsinfo won't bypass/fix the Anti-Piracy, but it may reduce the chance of getting freezes, I think. You never know until you try)

2) Play in Patch Mode + Set the Speed to x1.

3) CLEAN Rom.

14. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    ndsinfo.dat just has information about the name of the game, the save size, the release number, etc. Nothing that can fix AP or do something similar.

@Searinox: a leaked beta build isn't a final build by any means, so just wait and see.

15. Gamefreakjf11

Newcomer Gamefreakjf11 Advanced Member

United States
    XD I saw that you said people are buying acekards. If they are willing to spend money on a new flash card just for this game, why not just buy the damn game XD

16. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Cause its cheaper+you get more games on 1 cart [​IMG]

17. joedanger

Newcomer joedanger Advanced Member

United States
    The new patch released today seems to be working fine with Pokemon and WarioWare, tough it still has the problems of the old Pokemon patch (not being able to use cheats, because the game won't load if cheats are active). Other than that it doesn't seem to freeze or have the problems of the old WarioWare ds1patch.dat file.
    It can be found here: http://forum.supercard.sc/viewthread.php?t...tra=&page=1
    I also have been talking with the user that posted them (he's a mod from the Chinese forums) and mentioned the problems that appeared with SP2 (it freezes if there are to many directories or two many roms/directories inside of a directory) and the problems that the Pokemon patch still has (not being able to use cheats).
    So SC Team might be already working on them.

18. evil saltine

Newcomer evil saltine Newbie

United States
    I have EOS.. I've been playing SS in Patch mode. I get occasional freezes, usually when entering a new area. Sometimes it happens when I start a battle (when it says "You are challenged by ..."). Overall it's not bad, I just have to remember to save often.

I just tried running it in Clean mode. It seems to work, but for some reason it just starts a new game so I can't test if it stops the freezing.

I've played up to Blackthorn City so far, about 20 hours.

19. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Playing over 4 hours straight, and no freezes. Got the SPEED on "Max" or something like that. Patch mode.

20. Shadic

Newcomer Shadic Member

United States
    Hah! This worked for me! I was having a crash when attempting to load a save (Also, when I turned off patch mode, the game acted like I had no save, which frightened and depressed me!), and now it actually loads. Thanks a ton, I was looking for that.

New to this Supercard DSOnei. Just got it yesterday (Right before a new one is announced, of course!), but it seems to be a good update from an R4. Lots of new options, but I just need to actually get used to it. Happy so far, and the ability to flash the cart itself saved me when it seemed dead-on-arrival. [​IMG]

Rambling a bit, but eh, I'm happy!