Anyone else in the UK having rain issues?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday my back garden was flooded a bit more than the other friday.
But today was much worse, its got to be atleast 10 inches in some parts of my garden.
The street was flooded as well, with reports of fish being spotted, they might be the ones that used to live in my pond (though that isn't likely).
The roads around my street have been closed and this afternoon half my street was closed aswell.
No one has come so far to help pump the water out and its affected the sewers so much that we can't even flush the toilet.
The reply to our calls for help have been met with an "if there is time" attitude.

We didn't get any water in the house (thank god), aside from a small leak in the kitchen roof.
If it is heavy rain over night we might start getting water coming in. Luckly it just light rain forecast for the next few days.

My area is one of the worst afffected but is anyone else having any problems?

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Weve had some pretty heavy rain down here in the south west but im fortunate to live on relatively high ground so the chances of flooding are next to none! If the water level ever got to my front door then id be out building a boat of ark like proportions!

Hopefully things should get better for you mate
wink.gif
Good Luck!!
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
aww, i miss rain. I live in egypt now but used to live in england up untill a year ago. Ill be back
The only time when you get rain in egypt is when its so humid, if you were to run a bottle through air, you would catch a bit of water
It sucks

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Legendofphil: Ouch, that doesn't sound like fun
frown.gif
It's been raining a bit here, but nothing like what you guys have got. I'm in the South East so it can't make up it's mind between rain, sun, or a combination of both. No flooding near here, in fact our news is full of reports about what's going on up North. Shocking stuff
frown.gif

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aww, i miss rain.

haha, I thought exactly the same after being out here for a couple months... then came the Spanish winter and I'd seen enough rain for a lifetime.

Were Gifford is only down the road from me, Gets flooded pretty nastily!

That's why the sensible ganstas of torri built their houses on top of a massive hill.
tongue.gif
I remember one Christmas the Torridge flooded over and all the people living in the surrounding villages had to watch as their presents all floated down the river, heartbreaking.
tongue.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overnight the water in the street has gone, but the garden is still a bit flooded.
The problem now is the sewers and drains are still full and we still can't use the toilet, shower, etc.
Plus we have probably lost most, if not all, of the fish that were in the pond.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been floating around the country for a few weeks now and caught some wherever I have been.

@slayerspud try the other side of town then.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
The rainfall is all over Europe now.
tongue.gif

In Sweden we've got issues in the southern parts, but not much here in Stockholm... yet, although I heard it will continue to rain until Saturday so maybe we'll have an exciting time as well!
laugh.gif

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be glad to have some rain here in Madrid. Hopefully the rain will move a bit down south of Europe lol, even though I haven't seen the weather forecast in a while.

It's been strange weather here, normally at this time of year we are boiling but I have a cold XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome