anyone else having weird things happen to them on youtube?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by leafeon34, Jan 15, 2016.

1. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    This started happening yesterday when I got home. My computer doesn't seem to be displaying youtube properly as shown in the screenshots below.

I'm guessing its just me because my internet seems to be f$%#ing up lately. I'm randomly getting disconnected on both my iPod touch and laptop. Or maybe its because all the ad-ons I'm using is interfering with something Youtube introduced in the past day or so.

youtube.png youtube2.png

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It could be addons or overzealous security (sites failing to load like that I see often when I roll up to a site with noscript and requestpolicy active), however if your internet is being slow (or even your ISP is throttling trying to cache youtube a bit) then that is the more likely culprit.

If you suspect throttling then try a VPN, if you suspect addons I assume you have tried booting the browser in its "safe mode" or just using another browser you have not got all the addons for. If it is just generally lousy internet then afraid you live in Australia so good luck with that one.

3. leafeon34
    OP

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    I played around with safe mode and my add-ons a bit. Turns out Adblock Plus causing the problems. Still not sure why my internet has been randomly disconnecting at random for the past week. Probably something I should call my ISP about.

Thank you :)

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. blax722

blax722 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2015
    So, yeah, don't worry.

Screenshot_168.png Screenshot_169.png

5. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenb├╝ren
    Same thing happened to my brother a few hours ago, he was just like "dafuq" xD

Then he refreshed the page and it went back to normal :|

6. blax722

blax722 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2015
    I refreshed, forced chrome to reload the page again, cleared cache, restarted computer then I gave up, played I game of LoL and then it worked.
    So, if anyone has similar problem, play LoL. It repairs chrome.

7. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Lol @lol fixing the problem polo llilololiltydudududyy

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    yeah i've been getting that every now and then. it usually fixes itself when i go back to youtube later on

9. Osga21

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Mine is loading fine, but a few of my friend were having issues

[​IMG]