Anyone else having trouble connecting to the eShop?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Shubshub, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Shubshub
    OP

Member Shubshub The Shubinator

New Zealand
    Hi there I Recently got my 3DS Yesterday and I could connect to the eShop perfectly fine about 2 Hours ago and now I Can't is anybody else experiencing this problem

Error Code: 005-4240

I Know it can't be because of my system as I only got it yesterday

2. fafaffy

Member fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I accessed the american e-shop just fine. Are you sure it's not your WiFi connection, or your DNS?

3. Shubshub
    OP

New Zealand
    Why would it be my Wi-Fi Connection or DNS I Can play wifi compatible titles fine on Wi-Fi (Tested) But I Keep getting the error only when trying to go onto the eShop

4. RoderickSykes

Newcomer RoderickSykes Newbie

Hmm I'm also having issues connecting and so is my friend. Maybe it's down for emergency maintenance? But I checked the Network Status page @ Nintendo and the only thing it mentions is maintenance on Pokemon servers and the time period for maintenance has long been over since like 4 AM today

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
  6. Shubshub
    OP

New Zealand
    nvm it works now

7. fafaffy

Member fafaffy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Though you already mentioned that you fixed it, I'll answer your question anyway.
    First of all, you never mentioned other multiplayer titles worked, so I assumed the only online connection made was for the eShop.

Secondly, your router (which supplies your WiFi) may have had a setting changed or something to make it malfunction, and not let you access the internet. This isn't a very common problem, but it's always a possibility (maybe your ISP's network is screwing up, happened to me a couple of times).

Lastly, it could be your DNS since a DNS relies on a server to get the IP Address of the eShop (like finding directions to a house), and without that server, the 3DS doesn't know where to go, causing an error.