Anyone else having to unplug hdd frequently to get USB Loader Working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by earthworm, Apr 5, 2009.

1. earthworm
    OP

Newcomer earthworm Advanced Member

Canada
    Anyone else have the problem where they have to power down their external hdd in order to get the loader to recognize it and not return that pesky 1- error?

When the loader works it works great.....just a little annoying I have to power my hdd on and off all the time [​IMG]

2. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think you may have a case of the hd going to sleep on you. What drive do you use? I know that at least with the Seagate drives, there are utils that can disable the sleep mode.

3. Fellipepb07

Member Fellipepb07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same problem here!

I have a maxxtro 250gb.

4. xem1x

Member xem1x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The drive is going to sleep on you.

Mine does the same thing from time to time. Are you guys playing for long periods of time?

5. dun4cheap

Member dun4cheap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wonder if it is a power management feature via usb. The drive shutts down from not being used.

Just a though, especially since it looks like it is an ehci usb driver. Is your drive powered via the hub or by an external power source. I have used both types and I did notice that the usb powered drive shut down when it was not being used for a while.

6. UrkeytaY

Member UrkeytaY GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just went and bought a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent drive and am having the same problems. I downloaded the seagate tools from seagate.com, but I can find for the life of me how to disable any sort of sleep mode???

***Edit***

I was using the wrong tools from the website, it was more of a testing utility...

This is what I needed here, and for anyone else with a seagate FreeAgent drive, this may help you as well...

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/d...-desk-xtreme-sw

7. Fellipepb07

Member Fellipepb07 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine uses an external power source...actually, it mostly doesnt work. I've to keep trying, until it works...

With that problem its impossible to use the wad game channels for example!  [​IMG]